Business Operations & Strategy – Sr. Manager, San Jose
That’s a way cool job! I want it!
The Business Operations & Strategy (“BizOps”) team at Splunk is focused on driving results for the company through performance management, operational cadence, and strategic initiatives and is broadly aligned to the market and functional areas of the organization.
As a Sr. Manager in Biz Ops, you will develop and execute strategies that drive growth and improvements in the business. Projects include formulating strategic priorities and operational plans, conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth, uncovering customer and competitive insights, and driving business initiatives. You will also partner with the leadership team to drive business cadence, measure and track critical initiatives, and assist in the preparation of content for Executive discussions.
In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision making, and establish relationships with people across the entire company.
The candidate must have a strong product and market background and excel in all areas of strategy development and execution including: project management, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development. In addition, candidates must demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and technology market experience is ideal.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Drive highly visible projects for Splunk; work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and drive to solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process
- Help drive the operational cadence of the various businesses and drive the definition, measurement and tracking of the key strategic and operational initiatives
- Provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required (e.g. market, customer, competitive)
- Develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and operational plans to capture the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model
- Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 2+ years post-MBA experience in management consulting, private equity, or strategy & operations at a technology company (or similar)
- Experience working on large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis, building the business and operational plans, and driving execution through to success is required
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal -- to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfort in business and technical discussions
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- The position is based in Santana Row (San Jose)
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance. Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline appreciated