The Project Manager is responsible for operations in Cox’s Bazar with primary responsibility of project management, budget management, people management and timely implementation of program activities. The manager will closely work with district and Upazila level government education officials, local partners and with different teams in Room to Read Country Office. The position will report to the Program Operations Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate timely implementation of project activities;
- Manage the project budget through timely forecasting and expense tracking;
- Coordinate with local level government officials, local partners and other stakeholders.
- Report timely the implementation of the project targets;
- Oversee the performance of the project staff;
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and verify the programs’ progress and impact;
- Respond to donor requirements, host donor and government visits;
- Master’s Degree in Education/Business Administration/ Project Management/ Social Science or any other relevant subject;
- Minimum of 10 years’ related work experience with minimum of 3 years project management experience;
- Strong planning, budgeting, administrative, supervisory and program management skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of education issues and priorities;
- Strong interpersonal communication, language and computer skills.
We offer competitive salary. The benefits include:
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities.
Bangladesh - Remote
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled