is accepting applications for an experiencedDATA INTEGRATION – ETL DEVELOPER – PENTAHO.
We are looking for somebody who has at least 3 years of data analysis, ETL, data management, and development experience. Data Integration - ETL Developer - Pentaho - Job Description:
The Data Integration - ETL Developer - Pentaho will be responsible for developing Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes that build either an Enterprise Operational Data Store or a Data Lake, allowing reports, analytics and applications to function at scale.
This person will be experienced with data modeling and data management development in various platforms and tools; however specifically focus on Pentaho ETL. This person will be adept at translating business requirements into data stores that can be used to support production reports, analytics and applications plus have a strong understanding of data strategy and development, and handling administrator functions as well. This person will play a key role on the data management and the development teams and will consistently deliver high-quality deliverables with careful attention to detail.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:Data Integration - ETL Developer - Pentaho - Job Responsibilities:
- Research, evaluate, identify alternative approaches, recommend, design and code efficient and effective solutions for challenging problems ranging from small to large work efforts for low to high complexity problems
- Develop automated routines capable of replacing the existing manual data update process
- Develop and document best practices for ETL related operations and processes
- Demonstrate collaborative skills working within
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation
- Partner with other competency leads / developers and support project planning, technical design, development and solution deployment functions
- Identify opportunities in business processes, system capabilities and delivery methodologies for continuous improvement as applicable
- Define and implement ETL Extract, Transform and Load for various data sources
- Define and implement relational structures, dimensional data marts/models and cubes for the needs of analytics, reporting and application usage.
- Advocate for ETL and data integration processes with technical staff.
- Train and support project management and support staff as needed
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional team.
Knowledge, Experience & QualificationsData Integration - ETL Developer - Pentaho - Requirements:
- Must have at least 3 years of data analysis, ETL, data management, and development experience
- Strong background in using ETL tools; specifically experienced in Pentaho Kettle/PDI
- Understanding of clustering and scaling ETL solutions written in Pentaho Kettle/PDI
- Strong background working with various RDBMS's Data Sources like MySQL, DB2, Unstructured Data, multiple flat file formats, various API's etc.
- Expertise with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Bash a big plus.
- Working experience with Big Data technologies and its integration with Pentaho PDI (Hadoop HDFS, Spark, Hive, HBase).
- Hands-on experience working with Pentaho or other interactive BI tools like Tableau.
- Experience in working with Mainframe environments is a plus
BA/BS Computer Science, Information Systems.