MapR Technologies, Inc., is a visionary Silicon Valley enterprise software company that pioneered one platform for all data in every cloud. This approach is the industry’s first modern data system. At the core is the MapR Converged Data Platform that enables simultaneous analytics and applications as data happens with speed, scale and reliability. Forward leaning companies such as SAP, Cisco, United Healthcare and many more are able to create new, intelligent and modern apps to outperform the competition. Limitless possibilities happen with MapR Data Technologies. Learn more: www.mapr.com
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.Technical Support Engineer--Hyderabad In this exciting position, you will provide the highest level of Technical Support to MapR's rapidly growing customer base. You will provide assistance to these enterprises throughout the Pre- and Post-Sales process. If you consider yourself a technical dynamo, and you are looking for a challenge in a trailblazing company we want to hear from you!
- Strong Linux system administration skills (4+ Yrs)
- Understanding of customer needs and business savviness
- Ability to architect distributed hadoop solutions for customers
- Knowledge of file system & kernel internals – latency, throughput, availability, networking, consistency, security, virtualization etc.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation
- A self-starter with the ability and willingness to drive architectural changes
- Working knowledge of Hadoop components.
- Shell scripting (Shell, awk), Ability to trace (read/understand) Java/C++
- SQL / NoSql Databases knowledge.
- Familiar with different security technologies (Kerberos, SSL etc..)
- Good understanding of distributed computing environments
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture and administration & support
- Proficiency in Map-Reduce/YARN, Zookeeper, HBASE, Pig, Hive, etc.
- BS Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in troubleshooting integrated and complex systems