MapR Technologies, Inc., is a visionary Silicon Valley enterprise software company that pioneered one platform for all data in every cloud. This approach is the industry’s first modern data system. At the core is the MapR Converged Data Platform that enables simultaneous analytics and applications as data happens with speed, scale and reliability. Forward leaning companies such as SAP, Cisco, United Healthcare and many more are able to create new, intelligent and modern apps to outperform the competition. Limitless possibilities happen with MapR Data Technologies. Learn more: www.mapr.com
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
Managed Services Engineer
Are you looking to grow and expand your technical, customer and soft skills? Do you dream of working with a team engaged in supporting the newest and the best technologies that MapR has to offer? Do you wish to work as part of a team who not only delivers technical support but is engaged in the entire support lifecycle? Then this might be the team you are looking for. At Managed Services Support, we do all of the above and have fun while delivering true solution support to top tier MapR customers.
- Solve issues related to deployed managed services solution (Onprem or cloud)
- Escalate issues appropriately based on defined SLAs for quick resolution
- Collaborate with other technical teams (field, SE, Dev. etc.) at MapR to deliver solutions to customer issues.
- Create technical content including Knowledge Base articles, whitepapers, training documents, etc.
Key Success Criteria
- Ability to positively impact customer satisfaction and utilization goals
- Ability to handle Critical Situations in technically challenging and politically hot circumstances
- Available to work critical cases on a 24x7 basis or through an on-call model.
- Excellent team player
- Strong ownership of customer issues and realize personal accountability within team
- Ability to take responsibility and react effectively
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve customer’s solution architecture and operation
- Manage and oversee the technical changes, maintenance's and migrations of customers solutions
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions
- Identify opportunities to recommend latest Enterprise grade technologies to support customer objectives
- Advise, design and troubleshoot complex Linux issues on dedicated hardware, virtualized environments and Cloud. Good knowledge of Azure.
- Experience in hosting web applications or SaaS model across a variety of Microsoft and Linux products
- A good understanding of technologies such as networking, Active Directory, load balancing, HA, SQL and bigdata
- Experience in troubleshooting skills related to network, storage, process and memory related issues in a distributed network
- Experience of architecting and managing production environments across Physical, Virtualised and Cloud technologies
- Understanding of Storage technologies, multitenancy
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical with at least 2 years of experience
- Industry qualifications such as MCSE/RHCE highly desirable.
- Experience working with Linux Kernel. RedHat, Centos, Debian or Ubuntu
- Scripting skills in Python, PowerShell or other versatile scripting language is desirable
- Experience in managing Hadoop, MapR & distributed open source databases and file systems will be considered as a plus
- DevOps methodologies and ability to work with configurations management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack
- Understanding for agile software development methodologies and languages