Working as Operations Manager, the employee will be responsible to maintain overall awareness of day to day operational activities and issues. This position will assist in representing AT&T delivery teams as appropriate at customer meetings and provide the interface between the customer and IBM team for Day 2 delivery management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Notify Operations teams of SLA impacts.
• Attend Stewardship meetings with IBM.
• Receive/retrieve Client Requests (CRs), assess and initiate Service Requests (SRs). Track progress and collect implementation details (change dates, etc) within the IBM generated CR in GPS.
• Ensure Service Requests are properly routed to AT&T and the NI Partner.
• Coordinate delivery of basic and intermediate MACD service requests, including order initiation and performance oversight for work performed by the NI Partner.
• Proactive Incident management to avert high severity issues and business impact.
• Leading high severity incidents (Severity 1 and 2) and provide timely business updates/communication.
• Initiating the technical bridges and engage service centers, vendors, suppliers and service providers for service restoration.
• Occasional out of hours for support of critical outages.
• Timely management escalation to maintain proper visibility and ensuring right resource engagement.
• Managing break fix activities during incidents to provide any workaround or fix.
• Presenting incident summary to customers as required after incident close down.
• Creating Root Cause Analysis report for Sev-1 outages
• Preventing problems to IT services, along with the resulting incidents
• Eliminating recurring incidents
• Identifying the root cause of service interruptions and proposing permanent fixes to eliminate the cause
• Submitting a request for change that will implement the fix
• Additional Activities are to diagnose the root cause of incidents and to determine the resolution to those problems
• Review and notify IBM of infrastructure changes that may impact the end customer.
• Communicates schedule changes to IBM and the IBM Customer
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Advanced written & spoken English
• Advanced MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Project Management
• Change/Incident Management
• Ability to coordinate multiple teams to achieve an objective
• Ability to work under pressure
• Technical knowledge of IT operations (Networking-Telecomm Preferred)
• Works well with others/team work
• Ability to work in a regulated environment
• Good communication
Education and Qualifications:
4 Year Degree Required