Do you want to be part of a team that engages over 235 million customers across 12 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Enter VEON, a revolutionary personal internet platform that integrates powerful data analytics and artificial intelligence to finally put the user in control. With zero-rating as a fundamental component of the service, VEON allows users to stay connected for free, no matter the status of their data plan — even when they are out of credit. VEON’s fresh take on messaging capabilities enables users and communities to connect by voice, text, picture and video through a stunning designed interface.
We are already live in five of our key markets including Pakistan, Russia and Ukraine.
Our team & you
We are building team to develop Reusable Digital Use Cases which will be Intellectual Property for VEON and ported to all our OPCOs, monetizing our ever-growing Telco and Application data sets. The launch of Veon app is an initiation of a journey from conventional telecom company towards a Digital Company monetizing on our ever-growing Telco and Application data sets. This team, and this role, is at the center of excellence & innovation in one of our development HUB. As part of the fastest growing digital practice within Veon, we work with the latest advanced analytics, machine learning, and big data technologies to extract meaning and value from data in a number. Our team has worked with geospatial data, on social media sentiment analysis, built recommendation systems, created image classification algorithms, solved large-scale optimization problems, and harnessed the massive influx of data generated by the IoT. If you love solving scalability puzzles, working with large data sets and have the drive to perform ad hoc data mining and statistical analyses on complex business problems, then we want to talk to you.
The role of Data Scientist in our Reusable IP Team for the Big Data Analytics Platform is uniquely positioned to influence and work in a collaborative environment with internal and external resources to understand key business goals, build solutions, and present findings to business.
Within 30 days, you will…
· Shadow the current data scientists in their implementing data science use cases (e.g., credit scoring, churn rate prediction, cross-sell, recommendation engine, semantical analysis)
· Contribute to the various data science tasks (e.g., feature engineering, model selection, output calibration)
Within 60 days, you will…
· Lead the implementation of (at least) one data science use case
· Contribute to the Data Analytics group strategy and roadmap
Within 90 days, you will…
· Design new data science use cases, in relation to the Veon’s digital transformation
· Develop new Machine Learning Models.
· Explore using AI and IoT in developing new advance analytics models and use cases.
· Advocate data science within Veon and outside, e.g., in a few Amsterdam meetups
What else will you do?
· Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
· Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
· Quickly understand business needs, develop solutions, and articulate findings to company executives.
· Perform ad hoc data mining and statistical analyses on complex business problems.
· Provide data-driven recommendations to business by clearly articulating complex technical concepts through generation and delivery of presentations.
· Lead the implementation, assessment, and standardization of toolkits for our data science, measurement science, insight management, and visualization teams.
· Research and work with technical teams to implement new and emerging technologies that will facilitate better data integrity, reliability, and enrichment for quantitative solutions.
· Design and build scalable machine learning models to meet the needs of business.
· Assist with the mentorship and development of other team members.
The structure of the team you will join is
The data science team is responsible for the full life-cycle of data: acquisition, exploration, data cleaning, integration, analysis, interpretation and visualization, while collaborating with analysts and engineers to deliver Data management, visualization and analytics products, including automated services and APIs.
A bit about you
· You have professional work experience as a data scientist or on advanced analytics / statistics projects.
· You have strong understanding and application of statistical methods and skills: distributions, experimental design, variance analysis, A/B testing, and regression.
· You possess statistical emphasis on data mining techniques, Bayesian Networks Inference, CHAID, CART, association rule, linear and non-linear regression, hierarchical mixed models/multi-level modelling, and ability to answer questions about underlying algorithms and processes.
· Experienced in using statistical software, scripting languages, and packages (e.g. R, MATLAB, SAS, Python, Pearl, scikit-learn, Caffe, SAP Predictive Analytics, KXEN, etc.).
· Knowledgeable about working with database systems (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, etc.)
· Experienced in working with big data distributed programming languages, and ecosystems (e.g. S3, EC2, Hadoop/MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Spark, SAP HANA etc.)
· You have expertise in machine learning algorithms and experience using the following ML techniques: Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Gradient Boosting, SVMs, Time Series, K-Means, Clustering, NMF.
· Experienced in building scalable data pipelines and with data engineering/ feature engineering, building and deploying predictive models.
…and your background:
· Experienced in working in/leading technical teams for projects in software development, R&D or analytics
· Applied research experience in the domain of data management, visualization and analytics, including affinity to the industrial research way of working.
· Hands-on experience including solid programming to implement data analysis techniques such as clustering, statistical analysis, graph analysis, pattern recognition, classifiers, recommenders in database management systems, IT, tools for data integrations and data analysis/modelling.
More about us:
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
10 reasons why you should join VEON now --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Good overview of our vision and strategy --> http://bit.ly/2mopfzA
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.