Position Title: Cloud Services and DevTools Software Developer
Functional Area: Engineering
Facility: Regional Office
Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Travel Percent: 0
Team and Culture Description:
The Cloud Services Engineering team is responsible to deliver the state-of- the-art platform based on various cloud infrastructure services that power connected experiences on Motorola's Android mobile products. The team is also responsible to deliver near real time mobile analytics for the thousands of Motorola devices under validation.
Our team is on the leading-edge of technology, developing forward-thinking, highly available cloud computing software as services. Our people are key to our considerable success. Peer support teams include QA, Engineering teams, Data Center Operations, Network Engineering, and the DBA/Big Data teams.
We are looking for someone to become a key member of the team. The candidate will make significant decisions to drive technical and process changes into the development environment as our applications evolve to the next level. Must possess strong will and ability to cross pollinate ideas with others, having or learning the skills needed to help drive continual improvement into the environment.
This position is based in Jaguariuna - SP, Brazil. (Campinas - SP Region).
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
As a Cloud Services and DevTools Software Developer, you will be expected to deliver all services in a consistent way and with predictable results meeting service level expectations. Your responsibility would include:
• Develop tools and frameworks for automating Engineering and QA activities as: quality testing, software builds, software releases, performance testing and pre-production environments management
• Participate in the design and development of web based portal for mobile and device management
• Building next generation monitoring, deployment, configuration and inventory management tools
• BS Computer Science or Computer Engineering is required
• Excellent scripting/coding experience on Python, Java to help with automation of routine tasks
• Experience building web based portals or dashboards for metrics presentation
• Experience with developing automation, testing or monitoring tools is a big plus
• Experience with in high-performance, high scalability distributed services
• Good understanding of network protocols, especially TCP/IP and HTTP
• Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with Agile methodologies
• Experience with GCP (GAE and GCE) and AWS
• Experience with Front End – Angular JS
• Familiar with Git/Gerrit and software development branching strategies with continuous build using Jenkins
• Experience with Serveless services based on microservices using container based solutions
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Results oriented, product focused
• Team player, values the project, company and co-workers. High energy and passion towards integrating new features
• Android development skills is a plus.