This role is responsible for developing and reviewing test strategies, plans, test cases and execution of test plans based on project requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create test plans based on information obtained from documentation and/or discussions with developers and architects.
• Create and maintain automated test suites and integrate into existing test frameworks using development best practices
• Execute test suites; provide first level diagnosis of issue root cause if possible
• Provide updates to Project Management of test status, both verbally and in written form
• Participate in Agile sprint planning sessions and provide constructive feedback
• Participate in the high-level estimation with the rest of the team
• Create and maintain data sets for tests
• generate appropriate documents and test reports post-execution
• Communicate progress of automated test development
• Analyze, interpret and summarize test results and metrics and communicate to appropriate teams.
• Work with a strong collaborative Scrum team
• Train, mentor and influence other staff on software automation
• Foster and maintain good relationships with the development teams to ensure all new features are fully tested and documented and there is appropriate coverage
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Experience in white box testing.
• API testing (both client side and server side)
• Should have experience in web service testing.
• Video streaming testing(desirable).
• Experience in automation testing using selenium (appium, monkey) not generalized automation.
• Experience in mobility testing with debugging/troubleshooting tools like (DDMS, ICU, Wireshark, Charles Proxy etc)
• Experience in creating test harnesses, stubs and other utilities facilitating component testing
• API based automation experience
• Expertise in JAVA is highly desirable
Education and Qualifications:
BE / B.TECH / MCA / ME / M.TECH / M.sc ( Computers / IT )