Hey – there’s a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions of people around the world choose to be more thoughtfully entertained, informed and educated by listening to fascinating stories and all forms of fictional and non-fictional content on their smartphones and other mobile devices.
Audible GmbH, an Amazon company, is the leading provider of premium digital spoken audio information and entertainment on the internet, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible’s content offering comprises more than 200,000 audiobooks and audio plays from 800 publishers. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the iPhone and Android smartphones. Audible is also the preeminent provider of spoken-word audio products for Apple’s iTunes® Store.
Based in Berlin, Audible GmbH is looking for an Accounting Specialist (m/f). In this position, you will support our EU Finance & Accounting Team on all Accounting duties as well as Royalties processes and Tax declarations.
· Support the month, quarter, and year end close under US GAAP and HGB.
· Preparation of tax declarations (VAT, Withholding Tax, KSt. and GewSt).
· Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
· Preparation of the invoices, credit notes and tax documentations.
· Bachelor’s degree in any relevant areas (i.e. accounting, finance, tax, economy, etc.).
· Existing experience in accounting, controlling, tax or similar areas.
· Knowledge in accounting closing under US GAAP and/or German GAAP (HGB)
· Strong Excel and Word skillset.
· Fluency in English.
· Ease of work in fast growing environment.
· Ownership and ability to work independently.
· Details oriented and analytical mindset.
· Work experience in e-commerce or international companies.
· Experience with Oracle general ledger.
· Fluency in a second European language (especially German, French or Italian)
· Experience in (international) tax concerns.
Sounds interesting? If you are looking for a new challenge in an innovative company, where you will have the opportunity to shape and influence the business with the results of your work, where you will be surrounded by an engaged and fun team, Audible is your next stop!