Auto req ID
HR Job Code
G00381 App Developer Lead (GOV)
- Leads in the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Directs business assessment and requirements analysis processes, for the development of hardware and operating systems .
- Analyses features such as feasibility, associated costs, time, and the compatibility of new programs with existing programs, and hardware. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved .
- Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of application solutions .
- Performs complex application programming activities including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintaining, and modifying complex applications programs .
PA - Pittsburgh
Application Developer Lead (GOV)
Line of Business
PA007 - PNC Center - Stanwix
Total Hours Per Week
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Candidates being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as established by the specific government client contract.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies
Application Design, Architecture - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
Product and Vendor Evaluation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
System Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Troubleshooting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Development Lead within PNC's C&IB organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.