We’re ONE team that is driven by our vision to unleash the power of human collaboration by delivering innovative, world-class solutions to our customers. We work smart, with a collaborative state of mind that drives our strategy and helps us achieve our common goals.
Polycom’s innovative spirit begins with our people. We empower your personal and professional growth and we strive to give you everything you need to achieve your highest level of excellence. With your help, we’ll accomplish great things.
Roles & responsibilities:
· As an individual contributor, responsible for platform SW development.
· Drive “factory builds” i.e. SW that will be used in our production & manufacturing across multiple phone models and end products.
· Support PLCM’s manufacturing test application team, w.r.t SW & HW platform’s delivered from IIC.
· Take independent technical ownership of build activities and deliver the same on time, with high quality.
· Contribute to high level scoping feature development and testing.
· Communicate transparently with internal and external stakeholders about progress, roadblocks, and timelines.
· Work closely with management to identify risks, develop contingencies, resolve problems, and provide deliverables on time.
· Contribute to effective development practices that enhance productivity and ensure quality.
· Self-motivated, has passion & high energies and willing to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
· Have atleast a Bachelor’s degree in computer science/electronics engineering or equivalent technical educational qualification (like MCA).
· Must have hands on experience in Linux and/or Android build systems.
· Must have hands on technical experience on the following :
o Expertise in GNU build tools, makefiles, cross compilation and Linux based build systems.
o Hands on experience of version control systems like GIT, SVN, etc.
o Exposure to cross compiling open source SW to a given target processor architecture.
o Preferably, experience in Android build system & makefiles.
o Exposure to tool chains of different SoCs and their build environment (IDE/SDK) : ARM, MIPS etc. Exposure to open source cross platform toolchains, environments.
o Experience in building and running different analysis tools such as valgrind, mpatrol, gcov, etc. on cross development platforms.
o Hands on experience on the following scripting languages : Shell, PERL, Python.
o Good ‘C’ coding skills.
· Prefer to have the following technical skills :
o Knowledge of build automation and optimization techniques.
o Familiarity with building and packaging GPL source, adhering to license terms.
o Awareness of various popular SW licensing and their associated obligations.
· Must have following soft skills :
o Good debugging skills.
o Good communication skills and attitude to blend into the team.
o Compliance to process & mechanisms.
o Familiar with SCRUM.