IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. The PM takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Additional duties include:
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services
- Defines project scope and objectives
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate effectively with clients and peers at all levels across the organization
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with Agile techniques, processes or teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
New Collar Role