Req ID: 19104
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Team Lead Technical Support
AS SaaS Leveraged Systems - Product and Technology
We are an IT technical team distributed between MVD and BLR. We are responsible for the operations of the shared systems and software components that are used across different or all AS SaaS applications.
General role description:
- Works under general supervision with few direct instructions.
- Help mentor junior team members
- Work on a wide range of technologies including different Web servers, databases, operating systems, application virtualization with Citrix, among others.
- Configure and administer complex windows, linux and Citrix server environments
- Configure and administer Netscaler’s in regard to Citrix
- Operate, monitor and troubleshoot Airline Solutions software applications and their systems environment.
- Second level technical operational support for Leveraged applications.
- Admin, configure and operate the tools used to monitor systems performance
- Plan software installation/updates, operating systems patching and software packages deployment, in accordance with the policies and procedures established by Sabre IT Governance.
- Coordinate and review the activities that are delegated to our third party partners.
- Perform routine audits on applications and operating systems to ensure compliance with the standards, guidelines and policies of the company.
- Develop and maintain a complete documentation of applications/systems configuration and internal procedures.
- Work according to the standard operating procedures defined by Sabre
- Handle small scale projects with minimum supervision
- Frequent interaction with other Sabre teams like Software Architects, Systems Engineers, Applications developers and Customers Care.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions that helps to improve the operational efficiency
- Participate in the rotational On Call phone support.
- Advanced oral and written communication level in English
- 3+ years experience with Windows servers administration and troubleshooting
- 3+ years experience with Linux Server administration and troubleshooting
- Experience in the installation, configuration and maintenance of complex software applications on both Linux and Windows.
- Strong Knowledge of networks, load balancing, DNS and Firewalls.
- Proactivity, responsibility, collaboration and teamwork.
- Multi-tasking work capabilities
- Good planning and organizational skills, capable of supporting planned timelines activities.
- Handle complex projects with minimum supervision
- Ability to research and learn new technologies with minimum supervision
- Citrix Administration in a large enterprise
- Citrix/Windows Certifications
- Active Directory and Group Policies
- AWS and cloud deployment experience
- Experience with Jasper, Zabbix, ActiveMQ, MQ, Oracle databases, F5, ServiceNow and app dynamics.
- Familiarity with ITIL, change, problem and incident management processes
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Employee Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Technical Support, Database, Oracle, Manager, Linux, Technology, Management