Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels-Brussel - Head Office
FINANCE EXCELLENCE TEAM INVESTMENT DISCIPLINE BUSINESS PARTNER
Brussels, Belgium – local conditions apply
A great opportunity becomes available within the Finance Excellence Team (FET) in the Benelux as a Finance Excellence Team Investment Discipline Business Partner. You will play a key role in the Benelux MCO organization (Turnover 1.5 billion). The role reports into the FET Leader and will be based in Brussel, Belgium.
· You will lead and develop the FET Investment Discipline team, embed new ways of working and proactively manage resourcing and prioritization.
· You will drive performance improvements by partnering and challenging Marketing and Sales investments
· You will own and continuously improve all processes relating to Promotional investment and Return on Promotional Investment
· You will provide regular decision support within the Benelux focused on topics such as marketing, sales, gross margin and mix, trade / customer investment, pricing and promotions, and budget control
WHAT WILL YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
Investment Discipline Team Development
· Lead and develop the team within the FET Investment Discipline, monitor performance and identify development needs
· Interact with the S&OP/FP&A (Sales & Operations Planing / Financial Planning & Analysis) workstream by managing the person dedicated to Belgium for S&OP/FP&A
· Develop, live and embed the FET vision and strategy into the organization
· Embed new ways of working and execute FET governance activities
· Proactively manage resourcing and prioritisation
Business Partnering and insight
Promo for Growth - Guide, manage and set priorities for the team that is, together with you in charge of:
· Bring visibility and challenge to the promotional budgets and expenses and set targets for efficiency improvements / budget reductions.
· Partner and challenge the Sales teams in optimizing their promotional spend and increasing the return on investment, leveraging existing models and knowledge in the organization, but also implementing new tools where needed.
· Lead the implementation of Visual Fabriq (new promo evaluation tool) from Finance perspective.
Decision Support - Guide, manage and set priorities for the team that is, together with you, in charge of:
· Act as the lead Finance expert on Gross Margin & Mix with all Benelux Marketing & Sales teams and use tools to resolve challenges, help drive improved business performance and ensure in-market competitiveness
· Work with the Customer Market Intelligence department to bring insights from Marketing Mix Modelling and analytical tools to account teams around how to drive better return on trade investment
· Own and drive the Gross Margin improvements including working with the Benelux Head of Finance on planning, forecasting, and risk management around overall Gross Margin delivery
· Prepare analysis on Consumer Price Changes (CPC) by category, including developing a standard tool/template for CPC analytics, model various CPC scenarios as required to pro-actively identify areas where price changes should be explored
· Support decisions around customer investments and the deal making process (working together with the Sales Finance Business Partner).
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
· CCBT’s (Cross Country Business Teams): support CCBT through promotional investment reporting, ROI and insights and support in local business case development, funnel review and PLE’s. Proactively develop new insights for CCBTs to drive high value decisions.
· Business Customers: Understand needs from Business and translate into simple decision support tools, support teams on business challenges (e.g. resolving Gross Margin challenges), provide analyses and insight around Marketing Mix, Gross Margin optimisation, Consumer Price Change scenarios, pricing reporting etc.
· Finance Business Partners: work with finance business partners to identify where high value is at stake and where interventions would be required
· FET Leader: work with line manager to identify priorities, ensure alignment and meetings on personal development
· FET Investment Discipline team: Develop, embed new ways of working and proactively manage resourcing and prioritisation
· Supply Chain: work with supply chain to understand assumptions behind/input to business cases (capex requirements, product costing etc) and Supply Chain input as Gross Margin driver
· Customer Market Intelligence: work with CMI to gather drivers and assumptions as input to business cases
· Marketing: work with Marketing to understand assumptions behind business case (rotation, penetration, consumer price, promotional strategy, brand & marketing investments etc)
· Sales: work with Sales / Customer Development to understand assumptions behind business cases (retailer margin, sales investments, weighted distribution etc)
· Category FET: support above market Category FET’s with the consolidation of country innovation business cases and respond to queries and challenges from Category FET’s
· Controlling: Promo controls
· Information & Analytics: continuously optimise information and analytics and work with Information & Analytics on simplification initiatives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE
· Financial academic level or equivalent experience, preferably also RC/RA/ACCA study
· Experience in a business-facing Finance role, preferably at least 4 year finance business partnering and customer/category experience
· Strong business acumen and work experience in cross-functional teams, proven through previous work experience
· Experience in driving process simplification and improvements
· Experience in driving P&L performance improvements (e.g. closing gaps vs. target) and holding others accountable (particularly peers and senior leadership)
· Significant experience managing a large and complex set of stakeholders
· Experience in presenting to and communicating with senior Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
· Demonstrated competency at growing and developing people / teams
· Strong analytical skills, Excel modelling skills and attention to detail
· Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
· Strong engagement, presentation and communication skills
· Ability to work competently with data and across systems
· Ability to present complex information in a simplified manner
· Good organisational awareness and ability to work collaboratively with other key stakeholders (linking Marketing / Sales / Supply Chain / Media inputs in a given business case)
· Fluent in English & Dutch / or French, both in reading & writing or willingness to learn quickly
· Resilience (ability to cope with time pressure and challenges)
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE?
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your CV and a motivation letter. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.
Please note this is a Direct Search led by Unilever. Applications from agencies will not be accepted, nor will fees be paid for unsolicited CVs.