POSITION SUMMARY: MLB Network seeks a Service Desk Analyst with strong knowledge of information technologies. The Service Desk Analyst will support MLBN staff and freelancers to address and resolve any IT issues.
• Must be able to work and multi-task in a rapid paced 7/24/365 pressurized, live broadcast environment.
• Work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, email, or ticketing system.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
• Research issues using all available resources and advise/assist employees on appropriate action.
• Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions in our ticketing system.
• Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
• Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Keep reporting manager up to date with shift reports, updating tickets, and via email.
• Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
• Participate in the Service Desk on call rotation.
• Travel to work at remote broadcast events as needed.
• Other such duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• A minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience in a fast paced IT environment. In depth knowledge of end user computers and end user network connectivity with proficiency in Apple computers, Mac OS X, MS Windows Operating Systems, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the use of the Internet..
• Working knowledge of fundamental operations in relevant software, hardware and other equipment including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.11, Office 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016.
• Working knowledge of mobile devices such as iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phones, and Android.
• Knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
• Knowledge of HelpStar/Service Pro or equivalent ticketing system a plus.
• Related experience and training is preferred.
• Basic IP network connectivity and troubleshooting.
• Experience in the television, advertising, affiliate sales, and/or production industries are preferred.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to work with VIPs and senior level management in a professional and proficient manner.
• Highly professional, courteous, organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
• Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to analyze end user workflow issues and make recommendations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must be detail oriented, meticulous and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to work independently yet strong collaboration skills are required.
• This position requires a self-motivated individual who can interface with a diverse group of people and
• Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in the pressurized
environment of live television.
• This position requires the ability to prioritize and to be a proactive thinker.
• Ability to travel occasionally.
• Ability to sit, stand, kneel, walk for various, and sometimes extended, periods of time.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in IT / Technical Communications, Broadcast IT or equivalent related
experience is preferred.