Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented entry-level Property Adjusters for our Colorado Springs call center. The start date for this position is February 5, 2018. Please note that our office is located at 1855 Telstar Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920.
Come join our award-winning team! USAA was recently recognized by Forbes® as one of the Best Employers in the U.S. and FORTUNE® magazine highlighted us as one of the World's Most Admired Companies®. We are proud to consistently receive outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
As an entry-level Property Adjuster for USAA, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and adjust low to moderately complex property claims presented by or against our insureds to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitably settle/defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. You will work under direct supervision to perform routine work assignments and problem resolution. You will recognize life events, understand member's needs and provide advice to deliver appropriate solutions to the member. This position is in the call center environment and does not require any travel or work outside the office.
Click on link below to watch USAA Claims Careers Spotlight:
- Provides PROPERTY claims service via internal channels (phone/fax/email/mail) to members and third-party customers.
- Adjusts low to moderately complex property claims. Severity of claims includes personal property claims involving low to moderate dollar value, structure claims involving low dollar and severity, and writing Unscheduled Personal Property (UPP) estimates.
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and the USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Seeks guidance from team members to resolve issues and identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Partners with and/or directs vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Contributes to business goals, performance metrics, and effectively uses tools & technology.
- Supports workload surges and/or Catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated catastrophic events.
- Full schedule availability is needed Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- The total amount of training time lasts for 10 weeks; this includes New Employee Orientation, Licensing, Enterprise Knowledge, Pipeline training and On-the-job-training.
- Licensing training is provided. You must obtain your license within 3 testing attempts (paid for by USAA).
- Employees must successfully complete a training program. USAA training programs include classroom instruction, computer-based lessons, and instructor-led activities with systems simulations.
- Employees attending training are expected to meet USAA's established standards for performance, attendance and conduct.
- Ability to work any day Sunday - Saturday between the hours 7:00 AM - 8:30 PM for a 5 day, 40 hour work week.
- Schedules may vary based upon business needs
- You will not have 2 consecutive days off
- A 30% shift premium applies to scheduled work hours after 6:00 PM , Monday-Friday and weekends.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Up to 1 year of customer contact experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ months of claims adjusting experience or 1 year of recent USAA customer service experience working in a member contact capacity or military experience
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Experience in an inbound phone-intensive, call center environment using a headset
- Computer literacy in a Windows operation environment
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 28,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #11 in Forbes list of 500 of the "Best Employers in the U.S. in 2015", we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.