What you’ll be doing…
You will be responsible for managing a team of quota carrying sales
representatives and sales managers focused on direct sales to a specified
market segment & geography. This role works with each salesperson, providing
feedback, coaching and training to ensure quota attainment, monitors activity
levels, and implements process efficiency changes to drive maximum
productivity. This role is responsible for both new customer acquisition
efforts as well as up-sell and cross-sell efforts into existing Tableau
Some of the things you’ll be doing include…
- Revenue responsibility
- Team management: Recruiting, hiring, training, daily management
- Operational efficiency and process development
- Drive the growth of the direct sales business unit by preparing the team to effectively qualify opportunities, conduct product demonstrations and presentations, and close the sale
- Accelerate the ramp time of new hires by providing sales, industry, software, and process training
- Develop the individuals on the team through call shadowing with immediate feedback, as well as ongoing 1:1 coaching
- Tight management of team’s pipeline to ensure accurate revenue forecasting
- Actively participate in the sales cycle to bring leadership and strategic support to large deals
- Oversight of leads and pipeline management in CRM system
- Tracking and reporting of sales metrics using Tableau
Who you are…
- Management Experience. Extensive management skills in leading and managing a sales team in a highly transactional sales environment.
- Sales Experience. Extensive experience in software or technology sales. Experience within Business Intelligence/Analytics is a plus.
- Performer. Consistent over-achievement of sales quotas in a large geographic territory
- Leader. Exceptional leadership skills: a strong recruiter and motivator of people. A great team player.
- Go-Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Domain. Experience with business intelligence, analytics, data, or databases required. Bachelor's Degree in with a technical or business focus preferred. Ability to work autonomously with technical products and office applications.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.