Senior Product Manager, Roles and Permissions – NetSuite GBU
Oracle NetSuite is looking for an exceptional, self-directed Senior Product Manager to drive and manage Oracle NetSuite’s Roles and Permissions model and potentially other key components of the SuiteCloud Platform. As a NetSuite product manager, your responsibilities will include understanding customer, developer, and partner needs, creating the product strategy, gathering requirements, managing feature backlogs, and working with global world-class teams to deliver these features.
To be successful in this role, you will need a solid understanding of SaaS platform development technologies and on-demand market direction. An ideal candidate will have experience in architectural design, design patterns, and design and development of quality products. The Roles and Permissions product manager will have a deep understanding of customer needs, as well as developer needs, and the ability to build products that meet the needs of both audiences.
- Deeply understand the needs of current and target customers/developers through quantitative and qualitative research. Passionately represent the voice of both the customers and the developers.
- Participate in developing the overall product strategy and roadmap. Create, execute and communicate the multi-year roadmap to achieve the goals and strategy for this critical product area.
- Manage the product backlog and prioritize product enhancements, customer and partner requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment.
- Proactively conceive, document and drive the creation of new features. Create user stories, and detailed product requirements that clearly articulate desired product functionality.
- Collaborate with Development, QA, Doc, and UI to deliver great products and tools for both the customers as well as developers.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Professional Services and Support to successfully rollout our products and ensure a great end-to-end customer experience.
- Participate in customer facing events and partner conferences as a product expert.
- 2-5 years technical product management, product development, or technical professional services experience. A solid understanding of the product development lifecycle and product management processes.
- Familiarity with general design patterns and related concepts. Experience building web-based applications is preferred. Experience with Roles and Permissions or Access Control models is a plus.
- Excellent prioritization skills. Ability to create a winning backlog and roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult tradeoff decisions.
- Ability to make recommendations and decisions independently and make convincing arguments for the direction of the products.
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions. A track record for building products with exceptional user experience.
- Excellent communication. A track record of successfully working with a combination of local and remote development, QA, and technical writing team to deliver quality products.
- Strong organizational skills: task prioritization, effective time management, meeting facilitation, conflict resolution, and risk identification and mitigation.
- Computer Science or similar degree.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Regular Employee Hire