What you’ll be doing…
Tableau Software is seeking a Director, Human Resources to join us in our
As Director, Human Resources you will lead the APAC Human Resources and
Recruiting team. You will communicate closely with Global HR and Recruiting
leaders to ensure alignment across the world in Tableau’s HR and Recruitment
practices. You and your team will work with global HR and Recruiting leaders
and partners to design, development and implement programs to ensure and
support an engaged, motivated workforce. You will be responsible for
advancing Tableau’s core values and business goals. Across the APAC region,
you will manage a cohesive human resources and recruiting team capable of
supporting the region’s rapid expansion and achieving our objective of
attracting, developing and retaining happy, high quality employees. As our
APAC HR leader you will demonstrate strategic, operational and tactical
capabilities and lead business focused initiatives while being hands-on in
implementing human resources support into action on a day-to-day basis.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Leading the APAC regional human resources team in partnering with leaders to create and maintain a company culture of excellence, one in which people feel engaged and inspired. Striving to make Tableau one of the best places to work in the APAC region.
- Leading and managing the APAC HR and Recruiting teams in hiring, mentorship and performance.
- Driving and being responsible for the onboarding, training and continuous development of APAC region employees, including career planning and professional growth needs.
- Regular communication with US Recruiting Leader (who owns global recruiting results – APAC team will have a dotted line to), ensuring consistency and alignment with global team practices, reporting, systems, processes, etc.
- Overseeing employee data management, analysis and reporting to ensure statutory compliance with relevant country legislation (i.e. data protection).
- Understanding and keeping abreast of current APAC employment practices & laws, industry trends, and new development.
- Partnering and communicating closely and regularly with US-based business partners and dotted line leaders (i.e. Recruiting, HR, Legal, Finance) to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Managing various employee practices including onboarding, record keeping, administration (i.e. changes in status, creation/updating of job descriptions, terminations, compliance, etc.)
- Ownership of policy development and communication of these policies to managers and staff, ensuring effective implementation.
- Partnering with and support US-based partners on various initiatives (i.e. performance assessment process, annual benefits renewal, etc.)
- Understanding, responding to and championing employee issues in the context of business strategy.
- Coaching APAC leaders and management on employee relations, performance management, professional development, process management, and effective team building.
- Using analytics and various business metrics to drive strategic decision making as it relates to people and policies.
- Traveling within region and occasionally to US headquarters as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are…
- Team builder. You invest in, build and develop an HR/Recruiting team who can hire, develop and support a healthy broader Tableau team. You are an outstanding manager of people, processes, systems and budgets.
- Thoughtful and Decisive. You demonstrate a healthy mix of analysis, wisdom, experience, diplomacy, and judgment and are often sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Strong communicator. You are personable, confident, and possess outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) supported by a high energy level. You are viewed by others as a coach and mentor.
- Data-driven Innovator and business partner. You look to the data, then seek innovative solutions to enable the organization to achieve greater performance with high quality people, introduce/simplify process/systems improvements, etc.
- Humble Leader. You lead with passion, respect and honesty. You inspire those around you. You are a well-rounded HR generalist with a broad background of progressive Human Resources who is comfortable doing as well as delegating.
- Change Agent. You inspire passion for the vision of the future, you understand and accurately represent the people and, through a strong ability to motivate, you govern the sense and steps of action.
- Experienced. You have 10+ years’ experience as an HR leader, preferably in US-based high tech, high growth, entrepreneurial organizations, including expertise in employee relations, compensation, benefits, company culture, coaching, performance management, compliance, and recruitment. You also have 5+ years of experience leading HR and Recruiting teams in the APAC region, ideally for a US-based company.
- Educated. You have a Bachelors Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.