We’re looking for a senior product designer who thrives on ambiguity and longs to bring clarity and elegant solutions to big, meaningful problems. We need a leader who can balance bottomless-empathy for users with an appreciation for business needs. A person with the humility to know they don’t have all the answers, but the drive to find them by collaborating with teammates and users.
If this describes you then stop what you’re doing right now. Join us! And help build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
Change.org is already impacting over 200 million users in 196 countries. Nearly every hour a campaign reaches victory, from strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa to fighting violence against women in India.
But we still have a ways to go to create a more participatory and responsive democracy. Petitions are just the beginning. We’re designing a new generation of social action tools to allow users to engage more deeply on the issues they care about. The problems we’re solving are big and we’re looking for someone excited for the challenge.
As a Senior Product Designer you will:
- Collaborate with your product manager and lead engineer to develop a strategy and roadmap that aligns with business and user needs. Every project is conceived and developed by the triad (designer, PM, lead engineer) so you’ll play a critical role in deciding which opportunities to tackle.
- Lead design in your product area from conception to implementation. You’ll run brainstorming sessions, define user journeys, design and test prototypes, and ensure pixel-perfect execution.
- Think big and set a vision for how your team will solve challenging problems. Collaborate to identify the riskiest assumptions and break the project down into multiple releases - each with clear objectives and success criteria.
- Ship designs and test, test, test, test. Understand what works by digging into quantitative data and understand why by conducting qualitative research studies.
- Help evolve our style guide and brand identity. The design team is small, therefore you’ll play a big role in shaping our visual language.
- Mentor other designers and build a positive team culture.
- Identify pain points throughout the product and work across teams to develop solutions.
Skills and experience:
- You’ve tackled complex challenges and shipped delightful and intuitive solutions.
- You alternate seamlessly between thinking at a big picture strategy level and fine-tuning nuanced design details.
- You’re transparent, proactive, and have clear written and verbal communication skills.
- You’ve demonstrated proficiency in both interaction and visual design.
- You’ve skillfully crafted user research studies and iterated on your designs accordingly.
- You have enough front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) familiarity to collaborate with engineers on your team.
- You excel at giving and receiving design feedback.
- You’ve worked for over 5+ years designing consumer-facing products.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full-time role based in Victoria, BC (Canada) or San Francisco, CA (USA).
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us.