The Turner Story
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news; entertainment; animation and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN, HLN, CNN International and CNN.com; TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and truTV; Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim; and Turner Sports. http://www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
As trusted business advisors, the Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across TURNER's domestic and international businesses.
The organization is comprised of three teams: Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders. Our Team Story: Programming & Production is a fast-paced, dynamic functional team that supports both Domestic and International Programming.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee day-to-day international programming accounting activities.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Prepare and/or review complex manual journal entries and supporting documentation.
- Prepare/review account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Analyze and communicate detailed variance analysis for P&L and Balance Sheet reporting.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc reporting.
- Research accounting issues and recommend the appropriate treatment on these transactions.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures.
- Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services and stakeholders.
- Assist with the completion of internal and external audit walk-throughs and requests.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Prepare quarterly schedule reporting and tax packages.
What do we need from you?
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public).
- Masters degree and/or CPA is desired.
Well-qualified Senior Accountant candidates will have:
- Advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter and work with limited direction and taking full ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information.
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
- Detail-oriented and high energy.
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. –
Other desired experience:
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems.
- Technical accounting research and memo writing.
- Experience in forecasting/budgeting.
- Media industry.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.