Exiger is seeking a talented Finance & Office Manager to join our growing business in Vancouver. The Finance & Office Manager will be responsible for leading office operations, supporting our billing and accounts receivables processes, and ensuring our Vancouver operations are running smoothly. We have a vibrant and growing team of professionals and an entrepreneurial environment in Vancouver. The office in Vancouver focuses on our Diligence business.
Our ideal candidate will be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
The qualified candidate will be a proven professional in handling facilities, office operations and general finance responsibilities. This person must have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and knowledge of accounting best practices. The Finance & Office Manager must also have the ability to take initiative, effectively resolve any issues that arise, and maintain confidentiality.
- In charge of billing for Exiger’s Diligence business operations in Vancouver
- In charge of AP process for Vancouver and supervising support from administrative staff. This includes verifying invoices received and managing the workflow of all invoices in our financial systems
- Responsible for facilitating an office move on time and within budget – in collaboration with a third party management company.
- Responsible for responding to state-level tax and VAT associated with work performed in Vancouver and Toronto while working with outside auditors/accounting firm
- Responsible for yearly statutory filings
- Part of a global treasury/cash management function (i.e. paying some of the ICV vendors through RBC)
- Supervises office administrative staff and A/P clerk
- Actively support the Vancouver office recruitment process by ensuring candidates have a positive in-office experience
- Work with Exiger People & Talent team to ensure a positive employment experience for the team in Vancouver
- Reports to Diligence Finance Lead
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of general ledgers (Financial Systems) with Netsuite Experience a plus
- Knowledge of bank approval processes with RBC transaction banking a plus
- Compliance experience is a plus
- Fluent in excel and using information to help business leaders make better decisions
Professional Experience Required
- University Degree required
- Candidate should have 7 – 10 years prior work experience. Prior work experience supporting small businesses in Vancouver and had the opportunity to manage a satellite office would be beneficial.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.