Advisory Services Consultant
About the Role:
The Advisory Services Consultant is responsible for assisting in implementation, consulting on and continued support of software and consulting services for the Fiserv product suite, with a focus on Compliance and Risk Management based software solutions.
The Advisory Services Consultant performs in depth analysis of client’s strategic goals and business requirements to provide the client with a detailed plan including system specifications for new product implementations, recommended best practices for existing solutions and organizational/process changes.
The Advisory Services Consultant defines project scopes and system requirements to meet business and client needs and may provide training and assistance in the testing of multiple configuration scenarios. Additional task include SQL scripting, and testing of custom configurations. Work will be performed both remotely and at client sites as determined in the initial discovery process.
The Advisory Services Consultant will be responsible for managing all components of the project to ensure proper execution. They will be responsible for coordinating with multiple business units within Fiserv and outside resources as the projects dictate.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prioritizes client business requirements Assists in analyzing and defining project scopes
- Coordinates with or serves as the project manager depending on the complexity of the project
- Conducts interviews and analyzes projects to gain in-depth understanding of customer needs
- Applies basic business knowledge and understanding of Fiserv systems to translate client’s requirements and needs into detailed system specifications and process recommendations
- Provides data and analysis to identify workflow and business efficiencies, alternatives and gaps
- Gathers, analyzes and documents current practices, workflows and business needs
- Configures application parameters in several systems to meet client business requirements
- Ensures validation and testing of the solutions against business requirements
- Develops and delivers client training
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or Business or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including customer support
- Knowledge of the FCRM Financial Crimes Risk Management Suite
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge of various technologies, including but not limited to, iSeries, client/server, and/or web-based
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment/decision making skills to ensure client success
- Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems
- Ability to facilitate collaborative work sessions within teams and across teams
- Ability to learn key aspects of various applications to consult with clients effectively
- Analytical skills to assess client business need, identify solutions, and manage requirements across multiple projects
- Strong self-motivation with excellent time management skills, effectively managing multiple project assignments simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation abilities to facilitate participation in requirements gathering and training sessions
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with good follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience using Fiserv software solutions
- Financial industry experience
- BSA and AML related experience
- Experience with maintenance of Windows servers, IIS, SQL and DB2 strongly recommended
- Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist or Willingness to pursue Certification
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies such as waterfall and/or RUP preferred
- Knowledge of financial services industry information systems preferred
- Ability to travel domestically 35% to 65% of the time
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Please:
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Fiserv is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.