Hill-Rom is a $2.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
Clinical Workflow Solutions (CWS) is a division of Hill-Rom focused on delivering clinical workflow automation solutions to healthcare facilities. The division is headquartered in Cary, NC. The Project Manager is a field based role, responsible for planning, coordination, documentation, and execution of Hill-Rom Clinical Workflow Solutions customer-awarded projects per Project Management specifications. The role is responsible for all aspects of project planning, resource allocation, revenue forecasting, and customer communication. This challenging and demanding role is a pivotal leadership position for Clinical Workflow Solutions in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry.
The role directly reports to the PMO Manager. The ideal candidate will have prior project management, healthcare, IT, or construction industry experience. The position requires 30 – 50% travel depending on geographic location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
Provide strong proactive leadership in the execution of Product implementation projects. Strong leadership characteristics must be shown in all aspects of project execution, including interactions with customer project team and its ‘C’ level management, Hill-Rom senior management, and internal project team members.
- Deliver strong project management skills, especially the management of scope and deliverables across multiple, concurrent projects. Communicate effectively the project status and action plans for multiple, concurrent projects. Utilize internal project management software tools and methodologies.
- Utilize excellent communication skills to build consensus and influence others across multiple internal and customer organizations.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and resolve customer issues that threaten the success of the project both internally and at the customer site. Candidate must show the ability to manage customer issues in a proactive manner and provide customer-focused solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Consults with multi-disciplinary customer groups and staff levels regarding best practices and clinical processes.
- Provide thought leadership on topics that add value and ROI related to project management, system implementations, and hospital/clinical best practices.
- Ensure that customer configurations conform to product design principles and standards, are logical, and model the customer’s needs.
- Utilize effective change management best practices in leading product implementation projects. Follow established internal implementation standards and best practices in the conduct of assigned projects, including design standards, communication standards, and scope management standards.
- When necessary, document or add to implementation standards, processes, and best practices based on experiences for departmental benefit. Create and adhere to defined and mutually agreed upon project plans. Proactively identifies out of scope opportunities during the execution of implementation projects and pursues them in concert with the appropriate team members.
- Assist in measuring customer satisfaction during and after implementations.
- Provide internally-focused product development recommendations based on customer input received.
- Utilize positive people skills when providing work direction and status review for assigned project team members. Collaborate and seek guidance from internal functional and technical groups/resources required to achieve job objectives.
- Meet or exceed established PMO metrics including revenue forecasting, assigned project reporting/deliverables, customer revenue/project count loads, and customer satisfaction reporting.
- Travel 30 – 50% depending on geographic location.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, health care or technical field.
- Acute care, health care environment experience desired.
- PMP or other industry related certification(s) desired.
- Project management experience, preferably within healthcare, IT, or construction industries.
- Strong PC literacy including knowledge of Microsoft products, including MS, CRM, MS Project, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint, and other PM related software tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to customer care and building long-term relationships.
- A professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong consultative approach to project management.
- Demonstrated track record in facilitation of large, diverse groups to reach a consensus agreement on process.
- Demonstrated track record of managing a defined sequence of tasks to completion within aggressive schedules, through individual effort and coordination of the work of others.
- Demonstrated track record on managing multiple, concurrent projects/initiatives to completion with aggressive schedules and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each “Essential Duty” satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hill-Rom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Yes, 50 % of the Time