As a member of the Deskside Support team, the Technical Specialist Co-op will be responsible for supporting the Canadian Tire Corporate XP and Windows 7 Desktop Images. The scope of the role includes desktop management related tasks such as desktop builds, troubleshooting and software deployment. The current environment includes approximately 8000 XP and Windows 7 Lenovo workstations and Switched Internet Protocol networks.
To excel as a Technical Specialist Co-op, you have systematic problem solving skills and can work independently with minimal supervision. You’ll apply your extensive specialist knowledge in resolving technically complex problems involving the workstations infrastructure to grow our reach of business.
Our best Technical Specialist Co-ops have experience providing technical support in an environment consisting of approximately 8000 XP and Window 7 Lenovo workstations and Switched Internet Protocol networks
- Provide second level problem determination and incident resolution for all Canadian Tire Corporate Intel-based desktop hardware, operating systems and application problems according to documented service level agreements
- Provide remote administration and software distribution to client base
- Provide technology implementation services for both operational functions and IT project delivery organizations
- Fulfill service requests such as the installation of new hardware and software deployment via SCCM 2007
- Configure and support Blackberry hand-held devices, iPad, iPhone and Android devices
- Perform regular software and hardware maintenance (preventative maintenance) on access devices (reboots, defragments, hard disk checks, connectivity verification, hardware diagnostics, registry cleanup, physically clean access devices and BIOS upgrades)
- Provide end-user training on new installations and answer “how-to” questions
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Microsoft System Management Server/System Center Configuration Manager
- Symantec Anti-Virus products knowledge
- McAfee AV products knowledge
*Please note this co-op opportunity is located in Calgary, Alberta
If you want to play a key role in our next 90 years as Canada’s iconic retailer, get in touch. We want to hear from you!
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
· Reference Checks
· Criminal Background Checks
Canadian Tire is an
equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free
recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted
for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure
you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received
relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Canadian Tire Bank