Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to Canadian Tire’s success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join Canadian Tire.
The corporate affairs team is responsible for promoting employee loyalty, building relationships with business partners and contributing to a positive corporate image for Canadian Tire Corporation. The team manages and executes all external communication activities including media relations, planning, and corporate events across the entire Corporation’s family of businesses.
What You’ll Do
The co-op student will effectively aid in the day-to-day execution of strategic communications activities such as program development, stakeholder relations, events and media relations.
· Aid in the development and execution of communication plans and programs
· Execute “day-to-day” communications that support Canadian Tire’s business objectives
· Independently or in partnership with outside agency, develop and verify media/stakeholder lists. Develop drafts of media materials for review that are appropriately written and factually correct
· Act as a communication team player on various projects, working closely with managers, business leads and project teams to develop effective integrated communication plans
· Respond quickly to requests and product sourcing and provide required materials or information
· Participate in the measurement of the effectiveness of communication channels
· Work with the broader team to develop materials for presentations
· Research and stay current on emerging trends, best practices and opportunities in the field of communications.
Who You Are
We are looking for talented individuals who:
· thrive solving problems and are able to balance and prioritize activities
· drive innovation with their ‘think outside of the box’ mindset
· take initiative and are able to successfully manage projects
· build relationships easily, and are collaborative team players with strong communication skills
What You’ve Done
· Post-secondary education in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, or related degree/diploma
· Experience/knowledge of Canadian media landscape and social media
· Excellent spoken and interpersonal communication skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to take background information or verbal briefings and develop clearly written materials
· Ability to balance multiple priorities, prioritize and deliver programs and tactics on time to budget in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced, always changing environment
· Exceptional relationship-building skills, both internally and externally
· Self-starter with demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiasm and creativity
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart and Soldier On cannot be beat.
Launch your career at Canada’s most trusted and innovative retailer.
This position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
· Reference Checks
· Criminal Background Checks
Apply online: campus.canadiantire.ca
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience. Mark's Work Wearhouse Alberta-Calgary Permanent Full-time