LIMS Developer/Java Developer-01N8K
Twenty years from now, the earth’s population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind’s greatest challenges.
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated Java Developer/Software Engineer to join the cross-functional LabOS team responsible for the design and deployment of Biotech’s LIMS goals. The Developer is responsible for building and maintaining the Biotech LIMS. This individual will play a key role gathering requirements from Biotech production individuals, developing new lab workflows, supporting existing workflows, ensuring the deployment of Biotech LIMS across lab sites.
- Create and implement web based user interfaces across our multiple genotyping labs
- Design and deploy LIMs into next generation IT infrastructure (Cloud Foundry, AWS, graph database, etc.)
- Enable data science and automated workflow decisions through the creation of open, accessible, discoverable datasets
- Participate in and lead best practice coding standards and guidelines for IT systems
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- Extensive programming experience in Java and Oracle databases
- Experience with developing and supporting Labware LIMS
- Proven experience building and maintaining customer facing APIs in modern REST frameworks such as Akka HTTP, Spray and/or Play!
- A level of comfort with Unit Testing and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Experience leveraging large scale databases, either relational or NoSQL
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
- Experience with stream processing using Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with creating and maintaining containerized application deployments with a platform like Docker
- Prior experience working for a global organization
- A proven ability to build and maintain cloud based infrastructure on a major cloud provider like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Agile or DevOps
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
- Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
- You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
- We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
- Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Job Research & Development
Primary LocationNorth America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Organization US Biotech - MBT_51013426