JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Internal Audit Function
Internal Audit is an independent function that provides objective assurance guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the organization. It assists the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's governance, risk management, and internal control processes. The team’s priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that focuses on people development.
The Credit Trading Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across the fixed income products traded by the businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a team of integrated financial, risk, and technology business specialists.
The Senior Auditor position is based in NY, must be an experienced professional who possesses strong leadership skills and relationship management capabilities, and is knowledgeable of the products and operational and control risks which exist in these businesses.
As a member of the Audit Team you will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and execute all aspects of audit activities, including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit reporting, work paper documentation, and verification of issue/action plan closures.
- Ensure audits are completed timely and within budget.
- Work closely with audit colleagues located across the globe in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to Audit management and business stakeholders.
- Perform monitoring of operational and financial related data to recognize patterns and trends with risk and control implications.
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory and market events.
- Partner with business management, other control groups (i.e. risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence
Bachelor’s degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
Minimum of 6 years audit, finance, operational risk, regulatory or relevant business line/accounting experience
CPA, CIA, MBA, or CFA designation preferred
Exposure to Capital Markets/Investment Banking
Ability to work individually and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
Proficiency in risk assessment, issue/impact analysis and executive report writing
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
Ability to multitask and influence
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and open to new learning opportunities
Experience interacting with regulators preferred