Job Category: Analytics|Information Technology|Technology Consulting
Line of Service: Assurance
State & City: VA-Arlington|VA-McLean
Travel Requirements: 41-60%
Position Type: Senior Associate
Req ID: 102367BR
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The volume of data that our clients create, consume, and store has grown at an unprecedented rate. Analytics are actively informing Board level discussions and our clients are expected to leverage data they have access to, including internal, external, structured and unstructured data sources. As a result, there has been an increased demand from the market to better understand and draw meaningful insights from their growing volumes of underlying data.
The Risk Assurance Advanced Risk and Compliance Analytics (ARCA) practice helps our clients maximize the value of their digital assets by transforming data to actionable intelligence to identify, monitor, and predict areas of risk. We drive insights through the application of Data Science principles, complex internal and external data assets leveraging tools, and statistical/mathematical models and business knowledge. Our solutions are designed to help clients across all industries for both the audit and non-audit channels.
For our audit clients, we deliver data-driven risk assessments, targeted analytics, continuous monitoring and automation of audit processes. For non-audit clients, we leverage advanced technologies to design, implement, optimize, and validate analytical models.
Our core solution offerings include:
- Strategic Risk and Trust-based Solutions: we help companies manage risk by offering analytics driven surveillance into complex, high-pressure areas (e.g. cyber/data privacy, supply chain risk analysis);
- Internal Audit, Compliance & Risk Monitoring Analytics:
we assist leading Internal Audit functions by offering a holistic approach to data analytics, advising and helping clients develop relevant and sustainable audit capabilities;
- Accounting and Finance Change and Analytics Solutions: through advanced technology and data analytics, we assist our clients in the implementation of new accounting standards and solve large scale data driven issues rooted in accounting and finance (e.g. reporting disconnect, accounts out of balance, complex data reconciliation); and,
- Audit Modernization: we embed data and technology in our audits to enhance audit quality and enable our engagement teams to provide greater insight to our clients.
The ARCA team plays a role in delivering these solutions nationally across PwC.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of consulting, data analysis, compliance, internal audit or risk experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Management Information Systems or Statistics or Mathematics or Regulatory Compliance or Mathematics or Engineering.
Degree Preferred: MBA
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven track record of success with operating in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of performing on project teams and providing deliverables involving multiphase data analysis related to the evaluation of compliance, finance, and risk issues.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of evaluating business process, compliance and risk issues.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of database concepts, including building relationships between tables, grouping data, and producing cohesive analyses.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success leveraging data manipulation and analysis technologies inclusive of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Oracle, or DB2.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of IT architecture and solution development through the use of R, Python, Java, C# or other programming languages.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success leveraging data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Qlickview
Microsoft BI and Tableau.
Demonstrates knowledge with identifying new service opportunities , including the following:
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining extensive client relationships; and,
- Assisting to generate a vision, provide input on direction, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success working seamlessly in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members based in various locations, domestically, and globally.
Demonstrates thorough abilities supervising staff, which includes creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team, respecting the work-life quality of team members, providing feedback in a timely manner, performing a critical review of otherâ€™s work, informally coaching staff, and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Demonstrates thorough abilities to identify and address client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client's business.
Demonstrates thorough project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules.
Demonstrates creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
Demonstrates a desire to obtain deep industry sector(s) expertise over time.
Demonstrates thorough abilities to approach clients and team members in an organized and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear requests for information.
This position will focus on development and technologies related to our Know Your Customer Analytics team.