Job Reference #
The responsibilities of the role include:
• Support the current software delivery process, ensuring the 'follow-the-sun' (from Sydney to New York) development cycle never stops.
• Improve the software delivery process applying devops principles such as infrastructure as code, dev/prod parity and shift left
• Understand and employ Lean Thinking to optimise the build and delivery pipelines
• Implement self-service functionalities to any service developers are using to move from high-touch, time consuming infrastructure offerings to a low-touch, fully automated one
• Apply visualization techniques to monitor services, identify bottlenecks and propose solutions
• Work with teams to coach them in different ways of using technologies to reduce waste in their environments
• Work with Production Support to understand and deliver better ways to deliver software into the production environments
Sr DevOps Engineer
Country / State
Information Technology (IT)
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Why UBS? Video
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The DevOps Engineer will be part of a virtual team located in London, Singapore and India . The DevOps team is responsible to provide a reliable software delivery process to ensure the development community can focus on delivering high quality software through automated testing & deployment. To achieve the goal, the team uses a combination of in-house tools together with latest open source & commercially available technologies.
The DevOps team is part of the Group Operations and is dedicated to software delivery optimization within the UBS Group.
Your experience and skills
The requirements of the role include:
• Linux Skills: Advanced shell commands usage (find etc.); Linux concepts (filesystem, processes, memory)
• Programming Languages: Java (at least basic knowledge, as everything we are doing is jvm related); SQL
• Build: tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle); build life cycle knowledge (why are we building, which stages is a build going through before being deployed into prod); Scripting Language (Python, Ruby, Shell Scripting)
• Tooling: Admin, Upgrade + User Support: Continuous Integration (TeamCity, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo); Dev Support (Nexus, Sonar); ALM / Wiki (Confluence, Rally, Jira); Version Control (Subversion & GitHub): Config Management Tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
• Troubleshooting attitude
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?