Can you inspire and lead how Vestas utilize information technology to drive an agile and efficient supply chain and collaborate with our suppliers and partners in mature and emerging markets? Do you want to play a central role in the Manufacturing & Supply Management Team in Global IT and take the lead on delivering best-in class Information Technology to Vestas?
Then you might be our new director accountable for IT to Sourcing, Logistics and Warehousing handling our annual spend of more than 8 billion Euro together with a team of 6 IT architects and consultants as well as our sourcing partners. You will be accountable from the initial hunting down opportunities - utilizing IT together with colleagues in our business units to designing, delivering and running these solutions.
Finance > Global IT > Manufacturing & Supply
Vestas is investing heavily in transforming our supply chain and operations based on SAP and Ariba. We are currently implementing a common platform globally, and will towards 2020 drive automation and transparency by integrating processes and suppliers.
To meet this challenge, we are looking for a strong leader to bridge our Global Procurement department as well as supply chain operations across Vestas and Global IT and developing our Sourcing, Logistics and Warehousing team and sourcing partner set-up.
You will be part of the leadership team in Global IT. Our vision is to be the preferred advisor in transforming information technology to value for Vestas and our Customers. Our values are Accountability - Collaboration - Simplicity
Global IT has recently decided to place a significant proportion of operation and maintenance with sourcing partners, which raises the standard for how we capture business requirements and specify Vestas’ needs towards our sourcing partners. To succeed with this, Global IT, Manufacturing & Supply have strengthened our business engagement with internal customers, because we need to be able to translate their requirements into high quality IT services and solutions. We also cooperate closely with our sourcing partners to ensure they can deliver to our promise.
As the leader of the Sourcing, Logistics and Warehousing team, you will be heading a dynamic team of 6 consultants that engage, design and manage deliveries of solutions through our outsourcing partner. The team is end2end accountable for our solutions SAP, Ariba as well as some specialist tools. We are looking to standardize on SAP
You will be playing a central role in all aspects of the work from idea to final implementation including:
- Strategy & Roadmap
- Investment proposals
- Requirements capturing
- Solution design, in particular tech spec
- Oversee and ensure Development and implementation through partners
- Optimise running IT solution cost and performance
Continuous improvement on the platform to increase performance and reliability is key, as well as innovations delivering solution components to accelerate future deliveries e.g. supplier networks, APIs, mobile apps. You will be responsible for driving quality and cost effective development when done both internally and by engaging with external partners.
You have a relevant technical degree and have extensive leadership experience of IT.
- Experience from organizations delivering complex customized IT solutions
- Structured personal working style and self-management
- Experience in the coordination of tasks with external partners/providers
- Experience from international organizations and/or global delivery models
- English, fluent written and orally
To be successful in this position, we expect that:
- You are outgoing and actively seek to engage with peers and internal customers.
- You are a strong communicator who can motivate and inspire both employees in own team as well as employees from our sourcing partner.
- You actively seek to apply new technologies to the benefit of Vestas.
- Standardization is a part of your DNA.
- You have a proven track record as a leader - and you strive to establish a team which always focuses on delivering to the promises as well as an environment in which 'Accountability, Collaboration & Simplicity' are the natural values for all behavior in the team.
- You have experience working with outsourcing partners ensuring timely and first time right solutions.
- You have excellent English oral and written communication skills.
What we offer
Do you want to be a part of Vestas Global IT and have strong influence on how our manufacturing IT Platform should develop in the coming years?
Do you want to be a part of the Vestas Global IT where sourcing partners are used actively to build IT services bringing the most possible business value to Vestas?
Then join Vestas Global IT in an exciting time of rapid growth, challenges and changes in the business of delivering and servicing wind power plants.
Work Location in Aarhus, Denmark. Expected Travel 10-30 days/year. For additional information about the position, please contact Head of Manufacturing & Supply, Troels Fleckenstein by phone +45 4115 5110
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.