Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Oracle/MS-SQL/NoSQL Database Administrator
The Oracle/MS-SQL/NoSQL Database Administrator is a member of the IT Database and Web Hosting Services team.
This shared services team is responsible for global database and Web service support. This role is to support Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL,Oracle, DBaaS and Mongo(NoSQL) Database Administration for various SBG’s Aero,HBT, SPS, PMT and CORP. This should be experienced role which involves inTuning and Designing of the Databases.
About the position
The SQL/NoSQL Database Administrator will reports to the Logical DBA CoE lead of the Database and Web Hosting Services organization. This position will ensure operational support, stability and delivery for Database technologies like Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Maria DB, DBaaS across platform in on-premise and cloud environment.
DBA will be working with the Aero,HBT, SPS, PMT to ensure the infrastructure is optimal and humming.
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for the enterprise-wide administration of Oracle,MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle and MongoDB databases. This includes large MPP Data Base Management Systems (DBMSs) such as Netezza, Mongo, PostgreSQL and noSQL.
Responsibilities include Database administration,architectural design, performance tuning, deployment, integration and support.
- The Database Administrator will be responsible for Physical Activities of Oracle,MS-SQL,My-SQL databases in cloud and will be responsible for Tuning the Databases to improve the Performance.
- The SQL/NoSQL Database Administrator will design, build and support MS-SQL, MySQL and Oracle
Databases. This will include but not be limited to engineering, operational support, troubleshooting, remediation, configuration, refresh, migration and project based work.
- The SQL/NoSQL Database Administrator needs to be knowledge of all phases of the consulting lifecycle, should be able to define the problem statement, understand client’s business objectives, guide client in defining objectives for deployment and IT modernization, shape client expectation and provide best-fit architectural solutions.
- This person should have good knowledge of SQL scripting, DBaaS experience and ideally worked with OpenSource database technologies
- Key to this position is ensuring that we support and run with consistent and reliable availability ensuring that there is no infrastructure disruption to deployments or performance of our internal and
external infrastructure or services that support our critical platforms. Proactive partnering and alignment with all Honeywell business units, global suppliers and vendors will be critical in this role.
- This person will also provide technical oversight of any critical outages and technical bridge calls that occur between multiple providers, our business customers and OneIT.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving databaseintegrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models.
- Knowledge/Experience in data warehousing would be preferable.
Oracle/MS-SQL/NoSQL Database Administrator’s Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, deploy and manage Oracle/MS-SQL/NoSQL Database environment
- Monitor Database and Server performance and capacity planning
- Software installation, configuration, patching and upgrades
- Resolve configuration issues with database and Application tools.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models and perform when it is required.
- Data modeling, design & implementation based on established standards
- Database backup and recovery
- Database connectivity and security
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Capacity planning and disk space management
- Automate manual tasks
- On-call responsibility in support of 365x7x24 coverage
- Assist and support the development and presentation for solutions which may include providing technical updates, documentation, demonstrations and executive presentations
- Contribute and develop best practices, strategies,methodologies and documentation and templates
- Mentor and train new and existing team members
- Serve as escalation point for technical or project related issues
- Promote team spirit and work as a collaborative team player
- Lead technical teams in a consulting environment as the situation dictates
- Participate in special projects and work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and our service offerings
- Project plans and project tracking documents including business case development and presentation
- Support the development of design drawings, technical documentation, and support documentation
- Standards or compliance documentation
- Provide implementation guidance and support in the form of project oversight and coordination with Honeywell project management resources to ensure timely, on-budget completion of the projects
- Develops new and/or improved implementation workflows to
facilitate the rapid translation and delivery of customer requirements.
- Drive increased automation and product integration for improved efficiency leveraging the Honeywell Operating System (HOS), Honeywell User Experience (HUE) and Agile methodologies.
Key Qualifications:Created with SnapDesign & develop architectureEvaluate and recommend toolsDevelop & drive best practiceTechnical escalation support
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.