The Vanguard Identity & Access Management (IAM) team is seeking a Technical Team Manager that will bring extraordinary people leadership skills as well as utilize their technical management skills to build and lead a diverse agile team. Ideal candidates must have experience running projects in Agile methodology. This is a great opportunity to learn Enterprise Security Architecture and implement innovative solutions!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. May approve solutions proposed by team members. Resolves complex issues uncovered by testers and internal clients.
- Communicates with project team and stakeholders on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. May screen resumes, interviews, make hiring and assignment recommendations, and write reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff with less experience and identifies training needs.
- Communicates with technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project’s technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members, (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- May participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies team’s deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in technical specialty combined with a minimum of 3+ years of people management experience.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Extensive knowledge on IAM concepts such as identity management, provisioning, authentication, authorization, certification/governance, monitoring, role mining along with experience in security best practices
- Working experience with Rest Web services, Amazon Web Services, SSO/Federation architectures, Siteminder, OAuth & OpenID connect frameworks and other authentication/authorization protocols
- Experience with build automation tools/techniques. Java/J2EE programming experience in designing, coding, testing and implementing large enterprise applications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, conceptual and leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of full product life cycle, performance and stress testing, quality assurance methodology and deliverables, migration and integration, and with estimating design/development.
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred, along with advanced knowledge of one or more testing tools, performance tools, and scripting languages, preferred.