As a Product Manager, you'll be teaming up with top engineers all over the world and owning important initiatives as we navigate uncharted business and technical challenges. We are looking for talented product managers who want to build the next iteration in high-leverage software frameworks. You love making engineers more productive, abhor repetition, and want to fundamentally change the way software is built. At Gigster, you will be building out and implementing an architecture for reusable code components used by the fastest growing network of developers in the world.
We’re looking for exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to help us build the world’s best software at scale for thousands of clients. You'll be teaming up with scientists, engineers, product managers, and salespeople from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about software development. The founders have built apps used by 300M users, ported video games to FPGA’s, and designed silicon lasers. Gigster is backed by Andreessen, Greylock, and Y Combinator and has grown rapidly since our launch 3 years ago. You must live in San Francisco or be willing to relocate - we'll cover moving costs.
We’ve built software for flying cars and robotic restaurants, shopping and travel recommendation apps, delivered lawyers, doctors, and baked goods on-demand, designed social networks for families and roommates, and powered everything from shipping fleets to EEG research and genetic testing. Join us as we reinvent software development.
• Define goals and overall product direction for attracting, retaining and augmenting millions of developers through a mix of creating great experiences and automating software development
• Communicate technical concepts clearly and at all levels of the stack
• Partner with and inspire engineers and designers to do great work
• Use data as well as strong intuition to make great products
• Excel at removing ambiguity from projects, setting up clear measures of success and carrying out decisive experiments
• BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of recent product management experience
• Strong quantitative ability - you love doing math in your head
• Strong data analysis skills
• You have a deep understanding and empathy for users
• Experience driving important outcomes with products you have launched
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• 2+ years of experience directly or indirectly managing a cross-functional team including at least developers and designers
• Familiarity with Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing and general statistical concepts is a plus
Learn more about careers at Gigster here: https://gigster.com/careers
Gigster puts a world-class software development team in your pocket. Software is becoming an essential tool for every business with global IT spend reaching $2.3T, yet very few have easy access to quality, managed talent when they need custom software. Businesses built on software have thousands of times more leverage than businesses not built on software.
We are changing the way software is built through a symbiosis of man and machine. We believe that by being the best place to freelance we will attract and retain the best talent, and in turn will provide the best service. Gigster prides itself in having an extraordinary network of developers, designers, and project managers. Intelligent tools powered by data from thousands of past projects take our network to superhuman levels of efficiency. The increasing levels of standardization in tooling, and access to data about the software development process itself, make the creation of software ripe for automation and scale. This inspired us to found Gigster.
Gigster was founded in 2014. We’ve worked with startups & enterprises like IBM, World Bank, Airbus, Square, and Mastercard. Gigster has raised $32.5M from Andreessen-Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Greylock Partners, Bloomberg Beta and Felicis Ventures, and been covered in The Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Fortune, and Inc.
Here at Gigster we believe in the following:
• Continuously improve with data
• Relationships > transactions
• Deliver a wow experience
• Impact > hours
• Do it today
• Build more than you talk
• The best idea wins
• Be direct but nice
• Win through teamwork
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Full health, dental, and vision - we’ve got you covered
• Whatever equipment you need - you need the best stuff to build the best stuff
• Unlimited vacation - work hard but take time when you need it
• Team offsites - we’ve been to Tokyo, NYC, Disney World, and more
• Healthy snacks - raid the snack bar, you know you want to
• Catered meals at work - stay in & stay healthy
• Weekly game night - poker and speed chess are our favorites
• Sharp, motivated co-workers - work with the best in your field and others
• Life-changing work - solve real, hard problems you’ll want to brag about
At Gigster we believe that a diverse workplace means a better, more resilient, and more innovative company. We are excited to work with anyone who shares our values regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.