Director of Market Research
We are a global broadband services and technology company that securely connects consumers, businesses, governments, and military to the internet — anywhere in the world – whether on the ground or in-flight. Imagine contributing to award-winning innovations in high-capacity satellites, secure ground infrastructure, and satellite and Wi-Fi communications services. That’s what enables ViaSat to extend the reach and accessibility of broadband internet, globally – and if that excites you, you might be the right fit for our Marketing Organization.
We are looking for a dynamic research leader with the experience and drive to grow the research team at Viasat. This role will have the opportunity to expand the team influence across all of Viasat’s business lines including our expansion internationally.
- Oversee existing research team of two, setting team direction, research priorities, and day to day project management
- Cultivate relationships across all business areas gaining an intimate understanding of the challenges facing each of these businesses
- Develop and implement research plans to provide actionable insights allowing each business to make more informed decisions
- Integrate findings from primary research, secondary data, syndicated reports, competitive intelligence, etc. in interpreting results and providing appropriate context for findings
- Implement a competitive analysis process with regular cross functional share-outs
- Lead technology & platform assessment and design infrastructure needed to support global business
- A demonstrated ability to create and manage execution of research projects, generate customer and market insights, and tie these insights to business recommendations
- Superb presentation skills, including effectively presenting to and influencing executive audiences
- Must be willing to take a stand and factually support unpopular findings
- Oversee customer lifecycle measurement initiatives ensuring results are representative of the customer base and striving to uncover actionable insights to cost effectively improve the customer experience
- Oversee monthly and quarterly research team business reviews with leadership
- Experience effectively collaborating within a matrix environment and with colleagues across functions and geographies.
- Experience selecting the most appropriate research methodology and explaining the tradeoffs of one approach verses other alternatives
- Designing research questionnaires and moderator guides
- Experience overseeing annual research budgets of $1M or greater
SKILLS YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- 10+ years’ experience in market research
- 5+ years managing research teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, market research, economics, quantitative methods, or a related field
- Experience supporting B2B, B2C, and B2G businesses
- Experience supporting technology or communications businesses
- Advanced degree preferred
Living in Denver means you get to enjoy panoramic vistas on your morning commute, three hundred days of sunshine, the largest public parks system of any U.S. city, world-class theatre, museums, and sports teams and a cost of living that’s easy on your wallet!
Do you hear an opportunity knocking on your door? Why not submit your resume and see where this road takes you? It’s easy and only takes a few minutes. We look forward to hearing from you.
ViaSat is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.