Job location(s): Sofia, Bulgaria
The Assistant Buyer will be part of Cargill’s EMEA IT Purchase Desk, servicing over 10,000 end-users spread over 200+ locations in Europe, Middle-East and Africa. This team manages the purchase process of categories such as IT hardware, software, services and telecom with a total yearly spend of 40+ million euro.
The Assistant Buyer will be responsible for administrative work steps related to sourcing IT hardware, software, services and telecom. This includes executing procurement transaction processes and managing inventory/procurement records, providing location procurement support and planning, managing supplier events and relationships, and implementing sourcing strategies.
Manage/execute IT Procurement transaction processes.
- You will receive purchase requests for procurement of IT goods and services and/or supplies.
- You will process requests, ask purchase approval and prepare purchase orders for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies and send notification to suppliers.
- You will update procurement process documents for processes requiring minimal interpretation, for review and approval by more senior team members.
- You will schedule and confirm deliveries of materials/goods, services and/or supplies ordered and shipments received or services performed with office/plant/location staff; monitor and expedite deliveries as necessary.
- You will facilitate invoice approval process, including (a) scanning/copying or otherwise forwarding to local approver, (a) reconciliation of purchase order to invoice and contract terms (e.g. price, specifications, quantity, etc.), and (c) notification to appropriate resource to issue payment.
Manage inventory/procurement records:
- You will compile, record and track electronic and/or hard-copy records and files pertinent to purchasing information (e.g. supplier information, order history, pricing data, account codes, lead times, reorder times etc.).
- You will enter and validate purchase order information into procurement/inventory management system (e.g. Maximo, Sharepoint or other ERP) based on information provided in the request or other readily available data.
- You will maintain master data of key systems (Maxiweb, Maximo, Sharepoint and JDE).
- You will facilitate JDE Address Book creation for IT suppliers.
- You will run reports from procurement management system.
Provide procurement support & planning:
- You will respond to requests for information, such as purchasing data and status of procurement activities, from internal office/plant/location staff.
- You will train new team members and inform stakeholders on procurement process, procedures, and requirements (e.g. Select Suppliers, after the fact purchase orders etc.).
Manage supplier events & relationships:
- You will contact suppliers and take actions to research basic variances with supplier contract terms and conditions (on-time delivery, quality of materials/goods, adherence to specifications, etc.); coordinate return of rejected/damaged or otherwise unsuitable orders.
- You will work with applicable office/plant/location staff to research and resolve routine supplier issues; escalate more significant issues to higher level procurement staff and/or Strategic Sourcing organization as appropriate.
- You will support or facilitate requests for procurement of non-contracted materials/goods, services and/or supplies which are considered non-leveraged, local spend (as defined by Strategic Sourcing policies including:
- Gathering general internal spend data
- Researching/contacting readily available suppliers
- Collecting routine supplier bids and performing basic analysis of results (e.g. determining best cost alternative from multiple supplier quotes)
- Entering basic terms and conditions into template contracts
- You will verify, track and report compliance to negotiated agreements (such as Select Supplier Agreement).
Inform & implement sourcing strategies:
- Under general supervision, you will perform administrative activities in alignment with strategic sourcing strategies and policies across the sourcing lifecycle.
- Min. Bachelor degree;
- Fluent in English (written and verbal);
- 2 years working experience, preferably in administrative and/or procurement environment;
- Proficiency in computer skills including Windows and MS Office (Excel , Outlook ,Powerpoint);
- Must be detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong administrative, internet search and filing skills;
- Effective inter-personal skills in dealing with all levels, departments and cultures within the company;
- Customer service skills and orientation;
- Flexible,stress resistant, problem solving, eager to learn;
- Demonstrate respect, candor and commitment.
- Degree in finance, supply chain, procurement, or related degree program;
- Purchasing experience;
- Basic understanding of procurement requirements and standards;
- Experience with JDE, SAP, or ERP Systems.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill