Procter and Gamble Professional (PGP) is a growing and highly entrepreneurial business, focused on improving the lives of our consumers away from home. Our propositions include branded products, equipment, service and technical support systems. The Technical Services Organization (TSO) is charged with program installation, maintenance and technical support. Our desired end-state is completely satisfied customers that lead to product and program compliance, long-term retention, and provide a virtuous business and organization growth cycle.
Senior field service technician (FST) is a part-time role (with working hours targeted at less than 1,000 total hours during a 12-month period), working out of your home office, to meet expanded equipment and service requirements both internally and externally. Job scope includes: 1) supporting/servicing assigned mechanical warewash customers, 2) all other FST kitchen tasks. The work includes in-depth knowledge of respective equipment, service, maintenance, trouble shooting and chemical product interactions, procedures all combined with a high level of customer context and interaction.
This role is located in select geographic areas based on business need, reports to assigned National Service Organization (NSO) Team Leader and is classified as a part-time trainer. Some on-call weekend and off-hours work is required. The ideal candidate would have a background in electronics. The work must be done in a way that supports year-to-year volume and profit results, improve customer retention, and delivers superior customer service and team building results.
ROLE EXPECTATIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
Capability and Skill Requirements
- Commercial mechanical warewash equipment and chemical dispensing pumps expertise. This also includes proficiency and ability to read schematic drawings.
- Excellent working knowledge of appropriate tools, data, implements and service needs.
- Obtain and maintain NRA ServSafe certification and potentially NEHA CP-FS certifications.
- Understand regulatory and plumbing requirements in the areas that affect our mechanical warewash program.
- Proficient in laptop and tablet technology to include but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mechanical warewash program controllers.
Adjust to competitive, industry and external customer environments – locally and regionally.
Establish and cultivate key customer relationships where appropriate/necessary so that we have a clear path to solve problems quickly, as defined by the customer, and grow the base business.
Support External End-Using Customers
Provide timely and accurate deliver of external customer service requirements and commitments so that business growth and long-term retention/program compliance objectives are consistently delivered or exceeded.
Proficient in problem solving and crisis management so that we conclude to win/win outcomes.
Interfaces with external, end-using customers as defined by the business and internal organization.
Reports directly to assigned NSO Team Leader.
Works collaboratively with NA TSO peers, and technical support teams both TSO/R&D.
This role must be executed in a way that…
Demonstrates a high sense of urgency and quality; demonstrates external customer-centric behavior.
Exemplifies team-work across organizations (internal and external) and functional boundaries.
Drives focus on total kitchen system improvement.
Demonstrates leadership that adds value and a command of both business and customer needs.
Candidates must live within 25 miles of Spokane, WA.
Essential Job Function
- Work Schedule may include: 12 hour shifts, 5 day work week, occasional weekends, and night shifts
- Lift, lower and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Push and pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Climb a vertical ladder. Ability to go up and down
- Climb up and down stairs
- Stand, sit, and/or walk for long periods of time, twist, bend at the knees , stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and reach for purposes of installing and maintaining equipment. Surface: Concrete, asphalt (uneven surfaces).
- Operate a computer keyboard to input and access data, and phone
- The ability to work in extreme temperatures both hot and cold, generally in warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt
- The ability to give and discern the various visual and audible alarms and signals for equipment startup, evacuation, and fires
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Candidate must be able to operate a motor vehicle, and spend approximately 30% of the day in the car traveling from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions
- Candidate must live in specified city
- Oncall Coverage which may include: occasional weekends, holidays and night shifts
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants for U.S. based positions are generally required to be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. Except in rare situations based on
Procter & Gamble's sole discretion. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.