We're looking for a capable and driven Lead QA Engineer who will build, maintain, and manage testing for MakerBot’s suite of Software products. The QA team is responsible for the MakerBot Print desktop application, Printer Firmware, our community website Thingiverse.com, iOS and Android mobile applications, as well as ecommerce and internal business tools for MakerBot.com. Candidates should have proven experience implementing and improving QA standards, developing test plans, and effectively leading a team in a fast-growing company.
If you are someone who has an attention to detail, a passion for delivering quality consumer products, as well as improving QA standards and practices then this could be your chance to join the Next Industrial Revolution with MakerBot.
As a Lead QA Engineer, you will:
- Manage a cross-project QA department servicing our suite of Digital Products
- Work with the Project Management, design, and engineering teams to ensure successful delivery of project deadlines
- Develop and maintain the testing process and plan
- Be responsible for successful product launches
- Work with the Support Team to track and communicate trending issues
As a Lead QA Engineer, you have:
- At least 2-3 years QA experience
- Experience leading a team
- Hands-on experience testing desktop, mobile, web applications & APIs
- Proven success record in bug reduction/overall product quality
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Thorough understanding of an Agile development process
- Experience with Git and GitHub
- Experience with bug tracking and test management systems such as JIRA, Zephyr, Bugzilla, etc
- Current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis -- this employer will not sponsor applications for work/student visas
Extra experience counts too!
- Familiarity with 3D printing / digital fabrication / MakerBot
- Hardware/Firmware QA experience
- Experience implementing automation tools
- Experience with ecommerce and/or CMS platforms
- System administration skills
- Mechanical experience
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.