If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".
If this is your first time applying you will need to create a candidate account when you click on apply.
Vivint SmartHome is currently hiring for an HR Generalist/Consultant to work at our corporate offices in Provo, UT. In this role, you will serve management, employees, and other stakeholders through the effective execution of Human Resource services and consultation related to employment, training, talent acquisition, compliance, employee engagement, policy administration, performance management and other related programs.
- Business Partnering - initiate and participate in projects that drive business improvement, engage with employees/managers to understand culture, administer company policy and connect with the team, and participate in and lead change initiatives and communication efforts.
- Talent Acquisition/Management – partner with the recruiting department to ensure the most qualified associates are hired. This includes job description creation and maintenance, interviews, and compensation recommendations.
- Workforce Management – approve and initiate Workday transactions related to new hires, transfers, compensation changes, performance and terminations.
- Employment Administration – follow up on various employment duties such as Unemployment claims or legal issue resolution.
- Training Delivery – Assist in coordinating and delivery training to employees
- Employee Relations– provide coaching/counseling advice to managers and employees, and work to resolve employee relations issues quickly.
- New Hire/Termination Process – partner with management and My HR to execute all aspects related to new hire and termination coordination for assigned departments.
- Project Management – lead and/or participate in projects that are identified by HR and/or business.
- Compensation Management – partner with Compensation to determine competitive and accurate wage information for jobs.
- Process Improvement – identify, recommend and implement improvements for the HR department
- Benefits Administration – partner with the benefits department to answer benefit inquiries.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask
- Be self-directed and motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires knowledge of principles and practices of human resources including employment law, employee engagement, learning & development, talent acquisition & management, compensation, and performance management
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships with front-line employees, management and executives in order to gain support and achieve results
- Skilled in use of spreadsheets, HRIS systems, and data management
- Take initiative to identify HR/business needs and make recommendations for implementation
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years business experience (HR related graduate degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience). Strong preference will be given for prior HR experience, with at least 2 years preferred.
- Working and practical knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including data management, employee relations, performance management and employment laws
- Free lunch/food trucks/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym, gaming tables across our campus
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First
Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage
A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential
Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together
Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected
Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back
Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here: