• Territory Manager is responsible to analyze specific regions in Montana for potential to produce Cargill’s omega 3 canola crop and develop and execute specific grower customer plans to meet crop production targets.
• This position directly manages grower relationships from contracting to seed sale and stewardship requirement through to grain origination from the grower.
• Territory Manager also leads all agronomy support for the selected omega 3 canola growers to produce the best yields, and oil quality.
• This position supports growers in the execution and education of all stewardship requirements set up by Cargill.
• In collaboration with R&D and Marketing, she/he coordinates grower marketing trials and pre-sale activities to help meet grower program targets.
40% Agronomy support to growers to produce the best yields and quality crop.
25% Achieves quality and quantity production targets by directly dealing with selected omega 3 canola growers.
15% Lead all stewardship requirements from grower stand point.
10% In collaboration with Marketing and R&D, establishes and execute variety demonstration trials to collect regional performance information and manages expectations to build confidence in the grower value proposition.
10% Provides support to resolve grower issues such as off-farm deliveries, grain pricing and variety performance.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy)
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Degree or Diploma in Agriculture or Business with related agricultural experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in agronomy and seed industry.
• Strong agronomy knowledge especially of canola and overall best management practices on the farm.
• Identity Preserved contracting and closed loop systems.
• Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Business skills – leadership, tactical planning, organizing, selling & promoting.
• Public speaking and presentations.
• Knowledge of canola grain marketing and merchandising.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with canola industry including seed companies, grain companies and key industry organizations.
• Canola trial program.
• Ability to read markets and trends.
• Strong computer spreadsheet skills.
• Analytical skills.
Christopher Brenes Rojas Professional SAL_SAM_I_10 - SALES/ACCOUNT PROFESSIONAL In the region of posted position