This position provides an excellent opportunity to showcase your technical talent. In this role, you will participate in the software development of one or more products within the Harman Lifestyle Car Audio division including architecture development, software design, embedded C code construction and software verification.
This position does not have any direct reports.
The engineer will be responsible for developing production ready software following a defined software development process. The engineer must be capable of analyzing specifications, developing software architecture and designs, creating embedded C code, developing unit test plans, integration test plans, and verifying functionality. The engineer will be responsible for the end-to-end software development for an amplifier product(s).
- The majority of the time will be spent in the development of deeply embedded software in C.
- Provide project estimates and status to the lead engineer.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Assist in the development of architecture design.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and translate these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Own at least one aspect of the product design and act as at the Subject Matter Expert in that area
- Create demonstration software and perform system integration to support sales activities
- Operate with little guidance for daily tasks
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved and that C1 coverage is achieved.
- Work with off-shore development and verification teams to support in the software development activity.
- Work with the hardware team to review hardware designs and support initial hardware debug.
- Participate in the defect management process including planning, tracking, and ensuring that defects are actively managed.
- Provide input for Harman Software Process continuous improvement.
- Mentor junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 years of microcontroller embedded software development.
- 3 years of programming in C or another structured language.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experienced working with vehicle networking (CAN, MOST, etc) and diagnostics (UDS, KWP2000).
- Working knowledge of software development tools (debuggers, emulators, compilers, etc).
- Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
- Able to use oscilloscope and logic analyzer for troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Working knowledge of software development processes and process models such as CMMI or ASPICE.
- Experienced working with off-shore development teams.
- Experienced with maintaining project schedules.
- Experienced in developing effort estimates.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- Capable time management skills.
- Experienced interfacing directly to OEM’s
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Master’s degree Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with audio processing.
- Experience writing network drivers and applications (CAN, MOST, AVC-LAN) and working with Vector based CAN applications
- Experience writing low level drivers
- Experience with uC-OSII or other embedded RTOS
- Experience with V850 / RH850 microcontrollers
- Experience or familiarity with AUTOSAR
- Experience or familiarity with model-based software development
- Has a patent or other significant technical contribution to the software community
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time.
- Willingness to work in an office in Queretaro, MX
- HARMAN will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
Developer, Electronics Engineer, Software Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Technology, Engineering