Chef Application Developer
IBM India since 1992 provides solutions and services spanning all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
Business Unit Introduction:
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and manage an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services – be it transformational outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services.
Who you are:
- You will be architecting or designing on DevOps, MySQL, Jenkins, Bamboo, consul, NOSQL experience, perl, Python, java, Ruby, elk stack, Job Description
- Proven experience in Linux/Unix Administration with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Proven experience with SQL and MySQL NoSQL.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-past development operations role.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally.
What you’ll do
- Ability to support and extend our client management environments, tools and processes using tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Ability to build and implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments using tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Urban Code Deploy
- Working knowledge with Atlassian tools Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Crowd.
- Ability to automate using scripting languages such as Ruby, Shell Scripting, Groovy
- Proven ability to build and maintain code repositories with Git or SVN
- Ability to document and train on CI/CD best practices to our IT & Engineering organizations
- Experience with some of the following is preferred: Vagrant, MySQL, NoSQL, SonarQube, Splunk or Graylog, Nagios or New Relic, Docker
- Ability to troubleshoot network services and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, AD, LDAP, SSH, SMTP, SSL, HTTP, IIS and Apache
- Working experience of Agile/SCRUM techniques
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven knowledge with min 2+ years of experience on creating Chef recipes and cookbooks to build CI/CD pipeline or configuration management
- Working knowledge on Testing recipes using Test Kitchen, Berkshelf, ChefSpec, etc
- Should have knowledge on Security management using data bags and handling other environment configurations (Attributes, Roles, Environment)
- Modular development creating Chef CI and other best practices around creating scalable chef-based automation
- Should have worked as a Chef administrator with experience in installing and configuring Chef
- Should have experience on working with Vagrant for local setup while testing cookbooks
- Proven understanding of deploying and operating Linux variants in a highly-virtualized or hosted environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field Chef /puppet
- Chef with Perl/Shell
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
- Open to Shifts
- Proven communication skills.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role