About the Role
As part of the Autonomy Software Team, you will be interacting on a daily basis with software engineers and data scientists to tackle the most advanced autonomy challenges.
As a leader of a rapidly growing team, you will be able to make a large impact on the definition of our product.
For this position, we are looking for a technology lead with a broad understanding of autonomous vehicles in general and a strong expertise in motion planning algorithms.
In your role you will develop and deploy a real-time lateral and longitudinal control system for an automobile. Experience with tire models, vehicle dynamics, feed-forward and error driven controllers is necessary.
- MS in Computer Science or related field with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Expert in latest real-time path planning technologies such as optimization planners
- Extensive programming experience, ideally in C++ and Python
- Strong background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability and reusability
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Extensive experience converting publications to actual implementations
- Extensive experience developing optimal control systems
- Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system or self-driving technologies
- Experience launching products containing deep learning algorithms
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.