WHAT YOU WILL DO
Johnson Controls is seeking an experienced Account Executive with Federal Government and/or Performance Contracting experience for a minimum 3 year assignment supporting the Asia Pacific region. At the end of the initial assignment period, options may be available to extend your tour or move to another position within the Johnson Controls team. This position will require the person to be based in South Korea or Japan throughout the assignment with periodic travel throughout the region and to meet with Johnson Controls team members in Hawaii or the Continental US. Housing will be provided throughout the duration of the assignment. Relocation expenses will also be provided.
Under general direction, is responsible for the sale of Johnson Controls building technology and service offerings to U.S. Federal Government public works leaders and tenant agencies, at the C and D levels in Japan and/or South Korea. Delivers the Johnson Controls value proposition to customers by consulting on technical solutions to improve building environments and reduce lifecycle costs. Uses strategic account management practices to build and manage long term customer relationships/partnerships with key and target accounts. Responsible for customer satisfaction. Positions annual service agreements as the foundation of account relationships. Executes the sales process to cultivate, qualify and close new sales opportunities. Utilize sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity at accounts. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis. Seeks to expand the depth and breadth of Johnson Controls offerings; HVAC, building automation, electronic security, fire alarm and suppression, and distributed energy storage to support customer goals.
Location: Seoul, South Korea area preferred. Open to any location in South Korea or Japan with ability to travel as needed to support the region.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT:
1. With direction from the supervising manager, sells Johnson Controls building technology and service offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to Federal decision makers at the C and D level while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on improving the existing building to achieve agency objectives. Sells large, complex upgrade projects along with multi-year renewable preventative maintenance and emergency service agreements to assigned accounts.
2. Applies strategic account management practices to understand the customer's goals and implements a joint planning approach to make Johnson Controls an irreplaceable partner in achieving those goals.
3. Builds partnering relationships with public works/facilities leaders or key tenants responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sale of Johnson Controls offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language.
4. Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers. Keeps manager informed of sales progress and changes in the marketplace. Develops and maintains a network of contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process as well as demonstrates evidence of gaining small trial closes. Shares technical knowledge plus operations expertise (when to maintain, when to replace) with the customer.
5. Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage.
6. Develops rough order magnitude pricing for budgeting and helps customer quantify the business case to secure budget approval. Educates customer on Federal or agency-specific funding programs or IDIQ contract vehicles that may support their goals.
7. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Secures internal management approval based on contract size per Delegation of Authority matrix prior to presenting it to the customer. With support from the supervising manager negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale.
8. Utilizes applicable customer relationship management and account planning tools effectively increase business opportunity in accounts. Manages the high activity of the pipeline in CRM tools with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of a close
9. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with operations team to ensure customer satisfaction. Leverages both product experts and Federal vertical market experts within Johnson Controls to teach customers for differentiation.
10. Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions with Johnson Controls to ensure the customer obtains the best value from the Johnson Controls offerings. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Johnson Controls product and service offerings.
11. Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
12. Participates in professional organizations (e.g. local Society of American Military Engineers chapters).
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
1. U.S. Citizen with ability to acquire required Department of Defense Security Clearances.
2. Ability to serve 3-5 year initial assignment in Japan or South Korea.
3. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline. MBA preferred.
4. Five (5) or more years of progressive field sales experience.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
6. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to influence account decision makers at key levels.
8. Demonstrated understanding of U.S. Federal Government agency budgeting and contracting (acquisition) processes preferred.
1. Current or previous experience living and working in the South Korea or Japan region highly desirable.
2. Demonstrated subject matter expertise in energy management, HVAC systems, building automation, SCADA, microgrids, fire alarm & protection, and/or electronic security systems.
3. Three (3) or more years sales experience focused on building technology or services preferred.
4. Certified Energy Manager (CEM) Certification & LEED AP accreditations.
5. Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project required.
6. Ability to travel within the region, approximately 50% required.
7. Bilingual in English, and Japanese and/or Korean language skills.
WHO WE ARE
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com