Senior Java Developer for Rates Platform team
At Oracle's Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU), we're applying cutting edge computer science to one of humanity's greatest challenges: Energy. We also consider ourselves a startup within Oracle. A startup that's focussed on the utility industry. Our utility customers in the U.S. and abroad give us energy usage data for tens of millions of their customers, which we then analyze and aggregate using the latest software technology to motivate consumers to use less energy. We use the right tools for each element of our broad solution set so our engineers get exposure to everything from the Spring Framework to Ruby on Rails, from Hadoop and HBase to MySQL. If you are a top notch engineer looking for a fast paced, high growth place to work while being surrounded by highly skilled, driven peers then Oracle's UGBU is the place for you.
You'll be part of a team of fun, friendly, and technically skilled engineers developing Oracle's rates calculation platform that helps customers understand their energy costs and how behavior changes can lower their bills.
What You'll Do as Sr. Backend Engineer
● Lead design and implementation of new features for our product suite.
● Lead design and implementation of scalable APIs using Java.
● Coordinate with tech leads and engineers across teams to design new features, solve
incoming/outcoming questions and deliver outstanding value to our clients.
● Own your features and understand how they fit into the broader Oracle software
● Work along with your team to deliver high quality software, participate in Code Reviews,
adhere to best practices and code standards, and thoroughly test your deliverables.
● Visiting US to meet your colleagues in person.
● 7+ years of the previous experience in the industry.
● You want continue to be an empowered technical rock star.
● Excellent CS fundamentals.
● Expert with Java 8.
● Experience creating large Java projects with a team in an agile environment.
● Ability to use git effectively.
● Experience working within *nix environments.
● Experience building scalable / performant APIs (knowing REST & JAX-RS is a plus).
● Excellent knowledge of Spring Core Framework.
● Experience with Spring Batch is a plus.
● Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of humor.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Regular Employee Hire