The Business Support Organisation is a global team that has been established to support Finance Business Warehouse and SAP Global Financial Template deployments and is located across 3 centres, Sunbury, London in the UK, Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, and Houston in the US.
It is a service organization responsible for oversight and management of the close process, master data creation, maintenance and governance of the Harmonized Data Set (HDS), oversight of the solution functionality, user training and capability, on-going solution, deployment support and user access security. These activities are all conducted in support of the users and stakeholders of the FBW solution and GFT to deliver the financial reporting requirements.
The HDS Governance Analyst operates as part of the team responsible for the validation and maintenance of financial master data for the FBW solution as well as the GFT SAP transactional systems. This master data is fundamental in ensuring that financial data is accurately reported to BP Group Accounts, Complex Local Statutory Reporters, Group Tax, and the Segment MI teams.
- Build up an understanding of FBW & Financial Data Structures and associated mapping tables to act as a Centre of Expertise for reporting/accounting
- Understanding of the MI mapping tables being used to assign MI codes to SAP account assignments and financial data structures
- Maintenance of mapping tables used for the conversion of data from legacy systems into GFT data structures
- Support non GFT countries/businesses migrating to FBW with the creation of master data, data mapping and resolving mapping issues
- Review master data requests from project deployment teams and new SAP/FBW business users on an on-going basis
- Review request for updates to Financial Data Structures (FDS) and associated mapping tables
- Ensure global master data governance policies are adhered in order to maintain master data integrity so that it is fit for purpose and remains truly globally and generic in nature
- Maintain operational and global master data structures in SAP on an on-going basis as well as key local master data for deployments e.g. profit and cost centres
- Provision of business support at key periods (e.g. month end) to enable timely reporting
- Build up a working relationship with the super user network and ensure they fully understand the Master Data Management change request process
- Continuous education to relevant stakeholders about proper data usage, attributes, Template principles & processes.
- Monitoring to prevent unauthorised changes to global master data
- Active involvement in the development of the future BSO support processes, procedures and tools to aid master data maintenance and maintain system controls.
- Ensure all master data requests are submitted on the correct request forms and that the request process has been followed
- Maintain the MDM request forms and associated documentation such as the MDM process presentation pack and user guides
- Promote user education on SAP/GFT Financial Data Structures and Governance
- Maintain BSO network of business contacts
- This position’s primary interfaces are:
- BP Customers including Segment/Functions
- University or College degree, specialised training or equivalent work experience in finance and accounting
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience within the finance team of a business segment or relevant areas of the central Finance or functions
- Excellent team player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Hands on experience of SAP modules FI/CO
- Understanding of SAP financial transactional processing
Essential experience and job requirements
- Familiar with the SAP master data maintenance processes and to some extent the technical requirements
- Ability to analyse and diagnose any master data related issues and the source of it
- Challenging and demanding timelines for master data creation during project deployments
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Accountancy qualification (e.g. CIMA, CPA, ACCA) or sound Finance background (e.g. CIMA or ACCA student)
- Sound understanding of the nature, purpose and application of Charts of accounts, including statutory charts, across business segments,
- Previous work experience with SAP Financial Data Structures, Chart of Accounts, MI and Group Accounts reporting
- Understanding of other SAP core modules such as SD, AM, MM and PS
- Experience of SAP R/3 FICO deployments, data structures & preparation, mapping and maintenance of financials master data
- Knowledge of MI, Group Reporting and Business Reporting processes including use of Business Warehouse (SAP BW)
- Experience with financial control processes in a manufacturing and/or commercial business context
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.Global Business Services (GBS) is BP’s shared services organisation. GBS add value by standardising and modernising business activities, whilst maintaining a robust control environment and driving operational excellence. There are five GBS Centres globally, situated in Europe, Africa, Asia, America and ANZ and Central Teams across all locations as well as the UK and Houston. GBS Asia is GBS's global centre for BP Group Finance, Petrochemicals, Procurement and Tax and the regional hub for lubricants in the Asia Pacific region. We are an integrated and resourceful team, well connected with global partners and have an excellent track record in delivering and generating value for BP. We are a dynamic, high-skilled and diverse team of close to 600 professionals supporting Group Finance, Indirect Procurement, Tax, Global HR Services, Global Petrochemicals and Lubricants. Set up in 2009, we are a mature organization, looking to evolve to unlock the next tranche of value - beyond arbitrage and efficiency.All roles in BP Global Business Services offer some form of agile working to enable you to integrate your work and personal commitments. Talk to us about what agile working could look like for you.
Corporate & Functions