As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you’ll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
This position is responsible for global operations team providing 24x7x365 support of the JPMorgan Chase Integrated Compute Platform. This platform provides converged compute, storage and network capabilities.
The ideal candidate is an experienced technologist, with an agile software development mindset and a proven track record of managing large scale compute, storage and network environments. Should have extensive experience in automation technologies; has excellent technical, communication and collaboration skills.
- Accountable for end to end operations of firm’s Integrated Computer Platform, including compute, hypervisor, storage and network. This will include incident, change and problem management, vulnerability management, platform hygiene, monitoring, etc.
- Site Reliability Engineer Role (Google Model) for the IAAS platform i.e. the Integrated Computer Platform with ownership of Infrastructure automation, micro services operational ownership and driving the agility of the platform to achieve end to end stateless provisioning and operations.
- Triage, mitigate, and drive any problems across multiple teams to resolution in an expedient manner across multiple teams
- Identifying and driving stability, operational efficiency and risk reduction efforts for the integrated computer platform.
- Work closely with Engineering and LOB partners to define, drive, and report on strategic programs that continuously improve stability, efficiency, and performance of the infrastructure.
- Play a key role in defining SLAs and managing processes that enable satisfying or exceeding those SLAs, and will participate in any post mortem documentation and reporting activities relating to outages and missed SLAs.
- Drive vendor performance including operational excellence and innovation in partnership with GTI Engineering Groups.
- Ensure process, procedures and controls are auditable, with risk management embedded into all aspects of operations. Conduct risk self-assessments and escalate issues as identified
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- 7-10 years of experience in large-scale, high-availability environment
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure operations, engineering and agile software development
- Motivated to work in a high pressure, dynamic operations environment
- Deep understanding of Compute, Storage and Networks operations
- Awareness and experience in operations in a DevOps / SRE / Agile operations model. Strong working knowledge of orchestration, monitoring and instrumentation solutions
- Experience with Enterprise Incident, Problem and Capacity Management practices
- Experience transitioning to virtualized, data driven, software defined environments
- Proven ability to innovate creative and practical solutions to deliver business value
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Extensive hands-on experience as Infrastructure Ops / Engineer (Spanning OS, third party virtualization and automation products, Storage, Networks, etc)
- Strong understanding of storage and network functions and capabilities
- Strong hands on experience with installation and configuration of IT infrastructure components in large and complex environments.
- Experience with writing scripts and/or workflows to automate routine product management admin tasks SHELL, PERL and/or PYTHON
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions that are resilient, repeatable and scalable
- Experience with vendor provided APIs
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task appropriately prioritizing deliverables against timeframe
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills being able to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze detailed business requirements, raise questions and seek resolution to outstanding clarifications required for test case identification
- Excellent work ethic
- Must demonstrate strong time management skills & ability to prioritize one's own work
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.