Rising Tide Capital seeks an experienced nonprofit financial manager to assume leadership over day-to-day finance & administrative operations. The ideal candidate will be a spirited self-starter who can pro-actively manage the work, assess and improve our processes and practices and engage with the teams in ways that add value. In addition to being meticulously details-driven and oriented towards systems thinking, a successful candidate will have an authentic connection to and passion for RTC's mission, alignment with our values-driven culture, and a personal disposition that maintains calm and warmth in the midst of a fast-paced work environment.
This position's growth trajectory includes operations management and responsibilities as the organization's primary operations manager, with the goal of ensuring smooth functioning of core systems around facilities, technology, and HR. Initial responsibilities would include overseeing a Bookkeeper/Office Manager who is responsible for activities related to AP cycle and facilities maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
· Outstanding collaboration and teamwork.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet competing demands.
· Strong sense of accountability and responsibility for results.
· Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office with advanced Excel skills.
· Strong reporting skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Some evening/weekend work and occasional regional travel (Northern NJ) may be required.
· Must have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or/or feel, speak and hear.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in a high-level financial capacity of a non-profit organization.
· CPA preferred but not required.
· Strong proficiency in Fund EZ or other accounting software.
· Understanding of private, state and federal level grant reporting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Health Insurance; Dental Insurance; 401K; Vacation; Personal Days
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Non-Profit accounting experience required - specificially accounting for Grants. Experience with benefits administration and payroll required. An accounting proficiency test will be administered at your in-person interview.