You will be one of the first software engineers to join our growing Toronto team! We are looking for someone to be driven to solve hard problems in novel, elegant ways, and grow highly scalable systems. As such, you play a key role in shaping our team, our roadmap and our technical strategy. You work daily with fellow data and software engineers to enhance our platform, bringing high quality investment opportunities to investors.
What You'll Do
- Help mentor a small, growing team of Full Stack Engineers as we constantly enhance our technical stack and accelerate feature development
- Build high-availability and security into our core architecture to ensure we deliver a robust, fast end-end experience for our investors
- Rapidly scale Cadre’s marketplace, as we aggressively grow both our investor base and the number and types of assets we manage
- Design and implement our financial and transactional systems to power seamless funding and cash distribution events
- Build data-centric services to maximize market analysis efficiency, and deliver market insights,
- Write modular, high-quality code while actively engaging in peer code reviews
- Have a strong understanding of OOP and Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
- A strong passion for engineering and a sense of ownership of your code and outcomes
- Experience with test automation, continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Agile software development methods
- Great written and verbal communication skills, comfortable discussing technical problems with peers
- Self starter, thriving in a startup environment
Our Tech Stack
Cadre runs a modern, service-oriented stack, continuously integrated and deployed (Jenkins, Ansible) on AWS: React + Redux, Immutable.js, Stylus, Node, Koa, Python, Django, with a combination of SQL (Postgres) and NoSQL (Redis) data stores.
The majority of our time is spent in that environment, but our goal is to always utilize the best tool for the job: you’ll be working with members of our team to keep refining our toolset.
- Our biggest asset? Our team members and culture: join a fun and driven environment to work with, learn from, and mentor some of the brightest engineers in the industry, equally intent on building a great business as on celebrating each victory.
- RRSP contribution matching, significant equity, extended health, drug, vision and dental and unlimited PTO
- Fun company offsites
Interested yet? To hear more, please send your resume over. Please feel free to provide any coding samples (Github, Stackoverflow, etc…) or blog posts, we’d love to take a look!